OT: Speaking of the infallible Segway

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Harlow, Jun 13, 2003.

  1. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    John Harlow <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > Bush was seen doing his best Gerald Ford impersonation...
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/06/13/bush.weekend.ap/index.html

    Why is the presidential weekend house in Kennebunkport anyway? i mean, it is one of those little
    known places, and from what i have seen, is not nearly as scenic as lots of other locations.
    Pemiquid (sp?) for instance, or perhaps Machias (the real down east, at least they rebuilt the only
    bar in town). ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  4. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

  5. Travis says:

    >Why is the presidential weekend house in Kennebunkport anyway?

    Coz that's wehere the Bush family has summered for years. It's not an "official" Presidential
    Weekend House, just the Bush summer house...

    Steve

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > Travis says:
    >
    > >Why is the presidential weekend house in Kennebunkport anyway?
    >
    > Coz that's wehere the Bush family has summered for years. It's not an "official" Presidential
    > Weekend House, just the Bush summer house...
    >
    > Steve

    That's right, the "official one is in Marthas Vinyard (yeah, spelled wrong, so sue me).

    But still...
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:09:00 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:

    >John Harlow <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >> Bush was seen doing his best Gerald Ford impersonation...
    >>
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/06/13/bush.weekend.ap/index.html
    >>

    >Why is the presidential weekend house in Kennebunkport anyway? i mean, it is one of those little
    >known places, and from what i have seen, is not nearly as scenic as lots of other locations.
    >Pemiquid (sp?) for instance, or perhaps Machias (the real down east, at least they rebuilt the only
    >bar in town). ~Travis
    >
    >http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Because they can put it wherever they like.