OT: Speed camera folly confirmed

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:33:53 -0600, mb <[email protected]> wrote:

> What if it was thrown under your car?

Oh well of course if some cyclist somewhere has once thrown a bike
under a car it's not worth changing the law in such a way as to
prevent a few hundred deaths a year. Absolutely. Especially as they
were only cyclists anyway. Thanks for pointing that out.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

mb wrote:

> What if it was thrown under your car?

What if it was your child who was one of the 50%?

emotional arguments cut little ice with me.

...d

David Martin wrote:

> mb wrote:
> >
> > What if it was thrown under your car?
> >

> What if it was your child who was one of the 50%?
>
> emotional arguments cut little ice with me.

Nor me, don't have any kids.
Again you come up with these figures, where do they come from?

--
Mike

Ian Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:33:53 -0600, mb <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > What if it was thrown under your car?

> Oh well of course if some cyclist somewhere has once thrown a bike
> under a car it's not worth changing the law in such a way as to
> prevent a few hundred deaths a year. Absolutely. Especially as they
> were only cyclists anyway. Thanks for pointing that out.

A few hundred deaths a year are caused by this? Where do you get that
from?

--
Mike

mb wrote:

> Again you come up with these figures, where do they come from?

See above.

...d

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:53:37 -0600, mb <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ian Smith wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:33:53 -0600, mb <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > What if it was thrown under your car?

> > Oh well of course if some cyclist somewhere has once thrown a bike
> > under a car it's not worth changing the law in such a way as to
> > prevent a few hundred deaths a year. Absolutely. Especially as they
> > were only cyclists anyway. Thanks for pointing that out.

> A few hundred deaths a year are caused by this? Where do you get that
> from?

I made it up. I don't even know what 'this' is. Where do your
figures come from?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:53:37 -0600, mb <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > Ian Smith wrote:

> > > Oh well of course if some cyclist somewhere has once thrown a
> > > bike under a car it's not worth changing the law in such a way as
> > > to prevent a few hundred deaths a year. Absolutely. Especially
> > > as they were only cyclists anyway. Thanks for pointing that out.

> > A few hundred deaths a year are caused by this? Where do you get
> > that from?

> I made it up.

Oh, OK, furry muff.

> I don't even know what 'this' is.

Referred to point 2) by David Martin up there ^ somewhere, depending
which way round your newsreader is.

> Where do your figures come from?

The boss

--