OT: Steve Irwin

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I happened to have really liked Steve Irwin. I thought he brought back
> the whole Wild Kingdom thing of my youth to TV. He will be missed.

Yeah, weird. I figured some kind of critter would kill him eventually
but I wouldn't have picked a stingray.

He was pretty entertaining and brought the message of conservation to
the masses. He left a great legacy and I think his message will live on.

> However, I know this is in bad taste but I couldn't resist.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/Irwin.gif

Yup, that's pretty bad.

Matt

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:51:45 -0600, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I happened to have really liked Steve Irwin. I thought he brought back
> the whole Wild Kingdom thing of my youth to TV. He will be missed.

He certainly had an enthusiasm for almost getting himself killed that we
probably won't see again. Still, I loved Wild Kingdom...it was just so
funny how Marlin Perkins was always sitting back and narrating, while Jim
would be sent in to pester the carnivores.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I happened to have really liked Steve Irwin. I thought he brought back
> the whole Wild Kingdom thing of my youth to TV. He will be missed.

Yep, that was the only piece of news we heard while in China and we were
very bummed.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven