OT. SUV Quiz

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite radio
    talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
    http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

    Tags:

  2. Bill & Gerri

    Bill & Gerri Guest

  3. On 3 Mar 2003 07:30:18 -0800, [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:

    >Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite radio
    >talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
    >http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

    You know, someone should make a similar quiz to determine if you need a car at all. It would ask for
    the distance to work, distance to nearest train/bus stop, frequency of longer trips, etc., and tell
    you how much you save by switching to a bike. And how many calories you'd burn each day.

  4. Derral

    Derral Guest

    The number 1 question should be "do you want one?", If "yes", then buy it and forget what someone
    else thinks, disregard all other questions.

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite radio
    > talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
    > http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

  5. Hel-Bent

    Hel-Bent Guest

    My sentiments exactly!

    --
    Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com

    "Derral" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The number 1 question should be "do you want one?", If "yes", then buy it and forget what someone
    > else thinks, disregard all other questions.
    >
    > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite
    > > radio talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
    > > http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

  6. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    The topic is to determine if you need an SUV. I believe it is illogical and sometimes dangerous to
    equate want=need. If you want one and don't care if you need one, then the quiz is not appropriate.

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  7. Derral

    Derral Guest

    The quiz is not appropriate in either condition, if you are in a situation where you need a 4wd
    vehicle (notice I didn't say SUV) and, if you have to rely on a silly quiz to determine if you need
    it, you probably don't have the mental capacity to use it. A large number of SUV's aren't any more
    capable of off road use and bad traction sitiations than a normal front wheel drive automobile.

    news:[email protected]...

  8. "Derral" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > /if you have to rely on a silly quiz to determine if you need it, you
    probably don't have the mental capacity to use it.

    Damn skippy. Real men don't take quizzes.