OT. SUV Quiz

On 3 Mar 2003 07:30:18 -0800, [email protected] (Bill B) wrote:

>Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite radio
>talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
>http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

You know, someone should make a similar quiz to determine if you need a car at all. It would ask for
the distance to work, distance to nearest train/bus stop, frequency of longer trips, etc., and tell
you how much you save by switching to a bike. And how many calories you'd burn each day.

My sentiments exactly!

--
Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works http://www.hellbentcycles.com

"Derral" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The number 1 question should be "do you want one?", If "yes", then buy it and forget what someone
> else thinks, disregard all other questions.
>
> "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Here is a quiz one can take to determine if you need an SUV. The quiz comes from my favorite
> > radio talk show--Klick & Klack,The Tappet Brothers Car Talk Show.here tis
> > http://cartalk.cars.com/info/suv/quiz.html

The topic is to determine if you need an SUV. I believe it is illogical and sometimes dangerous to
equate want=need. If you want one and don't care if you need one, then the quiz is not appropriate.

--
David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

The quiz is not appropriate in either condition, if you are in a situation where you need a 4wd
vehicle (notice I didn't say SUV) and, if you have to rely on a silly quiz to determine if you need
it, you probably don't have the mental capacity to use it. A large number of SUV's aren't any more
capable of off road use and bad traction sitiations than a normal front wheel drive automobile.