OT: The future of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, May 5, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > So, is the guy just a cantankerous, out of touch reactionary or still a visionary?

    All three would be a good thing because one must have balance. He's just opinionated and it's all
    based on his observations from his experience. He's been around a long time and there's a reason for
    that. His designs are still being used successfully after all of these years. Who else's design(s)
    is(are) still being used successfully from the time the AMP was first designed? Not many, I bet.

    I like my Horst Link bike a lot. The balance of climbing/descending performance is excellent
    compared to other bikes I have owned or demoed.

    His statement that the bike industry (it's an industry?) is going backwards is rather interesting.
    Some people in this ng enjoy calling me an elitist when I bag on the "floppers", however his line of
    thought on that whole set and direction that they are taking mountain biking as a whole says that it
    is they who are the elitists. I say let the freeriders and DHers (especially the wannabes) kill
    mountain biking off as an industry. It'll be nice to not see a bunch of trendy bozos on the trails
    and see only mountain bikers again. Running it back to 1985 or so would be really nice because
    everyone on the trail was friendly back then, never to too busy "training" for their desperate herd
    24 hour race to return a greeting.

    JD high five to Mr Leitner