OT: The giant cats are here

PiledHigher said:
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html

Ecchhhh, the owner should be prosecuted for cruelty! One of my kittys, Rimmer (the Thick), was known as The 20lb Wonder of Coburg. He also thought he was a rabbit once, but that's a long story. :eek:

PiledHigher said:
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html

The big puss lives in Qingdao in Shandong Province. Qingdao is most famous for ...........beer. Tsingtao beer is the major Chinese beer brand and is named after the city. Hmmmm, I wonder what the cats that live around the goat brewery look like?

SteveA

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> SteveA Wrote:
>> The big puss lives in Qingdao in Shandong Province. Qingdao is most
>> famous for ...........beer. Tsingtao beer is the major Chinese beer
>> brand and is named after the city. Hmmmm, I wonder what the cats that
>> live around the goat brewery look like?

> Possible candidates:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/flathead.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/cat-beer-remote.jpg
>

> --
> cfsmtb

teh winnah!

http://www.wimp.com/fattest/

"Sir Lex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> PiledHigher wrote:
> > http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html
> >

> That's a big *****.
>
> One of my cats is 7.6kg, or ~16.5lb's, twice the size of your average
> female cat... and I thought she was a fatarse.

pffft.....our cat is 10kg and he is not even fat!!! He is a big rangy
ginger thing and when he decides to get up on the bed at night and stretch
out it is pretty hard to get him off!!! We always take him to the vet to
get wormed because he has to have a dog tablet due to his size and he fights
like nothing else when you try to put one down his neck!!! When I told one
vet in Brisbane this he said "it's actually pretty easy if you know what you
are doing...." two minutes later he had a few chunks taken out of his hand
and out came the chain mail glove and a leather sack with a
drawstring.......cat went in the sack with only his head poking out and then
the vet gave him the tablet. Of course I had to say "you're right.....it is
easy when you know what you are doing....bwwwaahhhhahahahaa". Thank god
some genius invented that paste stuff that you put on the back of the cat's
neck (still need a dog dosage though).

Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is **** scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)

Gags

Gags said:
"
Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is **** scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)

Gags

Persian cats are evil. Blofeld's cat of choice.

F"owned by a tabby"Dutch

On 2006-02-21, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
> Gags Wrote:
>> Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
>> staffies) but he is **** scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat
>> from
>> next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)

> Persian cats are evil. Blofeld's cat of choice.

I know my Persian is plotting something against me -- just that she is
very much able to hide it under her shy demeanor.

<squeak!>

--
TimC
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons -- Simpsons

Gags said:
"Sir Lex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> PiledHigher wrote:
> > http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/detail.html
> >

> That's a big *****.
>
> One of my cats is 7.6kg, or ~16.5lb's, twice the size of your average
> female cat... and I thought she was a fatarse.

pffft.....our cat is 10kg and he is not even fat!!! He is a big rangy
ginger thing and when he decides to get up on the bed at night and stretch
out it is pretty hard to get him off!!! We always take him to the vet to
get wormed because he has to have a dog tablet due to his size and he fights
like nothing else when you try to put one down his neck!!! When I told one
vet in Brisbane this he said "it's actually pretty easy if you know what you
are doing...." two minutes later he had a few chunks taken out of his hand
and out came the chain mail glove and a leather sack with a
drawstring.......cat went in the sack with only his head poking out and then
the vet gave him the tablet. Of course I had to say "you're right.....it is
easy when you know what you are doing....bwwwaahhhhahahahaa". Thank god
some genius invented that paste stuff that you put on the back of the cat's
neck (still need a dog dosage though).

Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is **** scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)

Gags
Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's head.

I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.

When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with their owner in pursuit.

And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.

SteveA

On 2006-02-22, SteveA (aka Bruce)
> Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our
> limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and
> awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of
> hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's
> head.
>
> I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker
> almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large
> Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our
> road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.
>
> When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
> past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising
> the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't
> worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more
> worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky
> came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with
> their owner in pursuit.
>
> And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled
> up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.

Stories like this always warm my heart.

Skitch kitty! Get the puppy dawg! Geddim! HAW HAW!

I wish I was around when our tamed stray cat (~15 years old at the
time?) sent that white labradore home red and white. Sucker.

--
TimC
#define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:53:37 +1100, SteveA wrote:

> When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
> past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.

Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and all dogs
for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk unless you're
away off in a park or beach somewhere.

Graeme

On 2006-02-22, SteveA (aka Bruce)
> Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our
> limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and
> awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of
> hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's
> head.
>
> I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker
> almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large
> Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our
> road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.
>
> When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
> past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising
> the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't
> worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more
> worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky
> came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with
> their owner in pursuit.
>
> And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled
> up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.

Stories like this always warm my heart.

Skitch kitty! Get the puppy dawg! Geddim! HAW HAW!

I wish I was around when our tamed stray cat (~15 years old at the
time?) sent that white labradore home red and white. Sucker.

--
TimC
#define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/
float BogoSqrt(float in) { float out;
do { out=(rand()/(float)0x7fff)-0x8000;
} while((out*out)<in-FUZZ || (out*out)>in+FUZZ); return(out); }

Bloke walking a 40kg Japanese fighting dog. Dog has a wide studded leather collar attached to a heavy duty lead. Man and dog both trying to look tough. Little grey kitty scares dog and it runs away. Was I wrong to say "sorry mate, I hope my cat didn't scare your dog too much"?

Of course, if this escalates, I will be needing to acquire a tiger.

SteveA

Graeme Dods wrote:
> SteveA wrote:

>> When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
>> past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.

> Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and
> all dogs for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk
> unless you're away off in a park or beach somewhere.

Sounds like someone's cat should be too.

There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.

Theo

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:57:31 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

> There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.

Swap "cat" for "whatever life form you're currently annoyed at" and you've
got a wonderfully flexible catch-all sentence :)

Graeme

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> Graeme Dods wrote:
> > SteveA wrote:

> >> When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
> >> past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.

> > Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and
> > all dogs for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk
> > unless you're away off in a park or beach somewhere.

> Sounds like someone's cat should be too.
>
> There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.
>
> Theo

See, I think that's one for the quote file, but I'm not so sure TimC
would agree...

Tam

Graeme Dods wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a
>> shotgun.

> Swap "cat" for "whatever life form you're currently annoyed at" and
> you've got a wonderfully flexible catch-all sentence :)

There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM
<shudder>

Theo

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:39:06 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

> There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
> have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM

Is that a smile? I thought he was adjusting his false teeth.

Theo Bekkers said:
There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM
<shudder>

Sedition!!!!

Graeme Dods wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that
>> then we'll have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM

> Is that a smile? I thought he was adjusting his false teeth.

His teeth are false too? To be expected I suppose.

Theo