OT: The Mu $10,000 Challenge

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Steve, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    You know, I might like to get in on that action, Mu. But I'm a little
    confused as to what it is exactly. That you're not Chung?

    The problem with that is no one knows who "you" are. Chung at least has a web
    site, phone number, etc. We have a pretty good reason to believe Chung is at
    least who he says he is.

    Who do you say you are? You appear to be simply a variable usenet handle. I'm
    confused as to how anyone could prove or disprove anything about "you".

    Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:49 -0400, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    I am me and Mu is not Chung.

  3. Mu_Too

    Mu_Too Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:47:17 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:49 -0400, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    > I am me and Mu is not Chung.

    That you are you is irrefutable.

    That Mu is not Chung is a proposition not well posed enough to allow either
    proof or disproof. I would dearly enjoy relieving you of the $10,000 but it
    is certainly safe if you cannot pose the proposition with enough specificity
    that it can be tested.

    Chung has a web site, phone number, etc. We have a pretty good reason to
    believe Chung is at least who he says he is. Who are "you"?

    "Mu" is simply a variable usenet handle. It cannot be associated with a real
    person... Hell, even I can post under that handle as demonstrated by this
    post. Maybe I'm you?

    Steve

  4. F_encer

    F_encer Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:47:17 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:49 -0400, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    > I am me and Mu is not Chung.

    It would be an interesting Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde relationship though,
    wouldn't it? Dr. Chung, the soft-spoken, passive-aggressive Baptist and Mr.
    Mu/Roose, the bitter, mendacious, trainer-wannabe buffoon, crying out for
    attention. There are well documented cases of individuals with personality
    disorders who acted like different people, independent of each other. The
    Mu side of Chung could well believe that he really *is* a sperate
    individual; even having separate friends. An interesting case study.

  5. Fencer

    Fencer Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:20:40 -0400, Mu_Too wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:47:17 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote
    > (in message <[email protected]>):
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:49 -0400, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    >> I am me and Mu is not Chung.

    > That you are you is irrefutable.
    >
    > That Mu is not Chung is a proposition not well posed enough to allow either
    > proof or disproof. I would dearly enjoy relieving you of the $10,000 but it
    > is certainly safe if you cannot pose the proposition with enough specificity
    > that it can be tested.

    Well, with mu/roose, all you have to do to prove he's Chung is to see the
    Truth that he is Chung. No proof is necessary. Just open your heart and you
    will see that mu/roose and Chung are the same.

    > Steve

    I want a piece of that $10,000, pal!

  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:34:36 -0400, Fencer wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:20:40 -0400, Mu_Too wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:47:17 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote
    >> (in message <[email protected]>):

    >>> I am me and Mu is not Chung.

    >> That you are you is irrefutable.
    >>
    >> That Mu is not Chung is a proposition not well posed enough to allow
    >> either
    >> proof or disproof. I would dearly enjoy relieving you of the $10,000 but
    >> it
    >> is certainly safe if you cannot pose the proposition with enough
    >> specificity
    >> that it can be tested.

    > Well, with mu/roose, all you have to do to prove he's Chung is to see the
    > Truth that he is Chung. No proof is necessary. Just open your heart and you
    > will see that mu/roose and Chung are the same.
    >
    >> Steve

    > I want a piece of that $10,000, pal!

    Perhaps we could form a Syndicate and Mu would up the ante ;-) I'll bet
    Pastorio would be in for some.

    Steve

  7. M. Schwartz

    M. Schwartz Guest

    Mu_nlight Drive <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:26:49 -0400, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Could you clarify this challenge a little more?

    > I am me and Mu is not Chung.

    Oh we know Mu is not Chung and we know Mu is not you. Mu is a
    fictitious character and a sound emitted by cows.

    Mel

  8. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > You know, I might like to get in on that action, Mu. But I'm a little
    > confused as to what it is exactly. That you're not Chung?
    >
    > The problem with that is no one knows who "you" are. Chung at least has a web
    > site, phone number, etc. We have a pretty good reason to believe Chung is at
    > least who he says he is.
    >
    > Who do you say you are? You appear to be simply a variable usenet handle. I'm
    > confused as to how anyone could prove or disprove anything about "you".
    >
    > Could you clarify this challenge a little more?
    >
    > Steve

    Uh-oh, now you've done it. He'll tell you all about the bet.

    While reading his description, think of the guy with the three little
    cups with the ball under one. He keeps shifting them around and you
    have to guess which one it's under. Mu_sicalChairs will present smoke,
    mirrors, sound and fury. You'll love it. Order the CD, it's good for
    hours of mirth.

    Pastorio

  9. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Mu_Too wrote:

    > "Mu" is simply a variable usenet handle. It cannot be associated with a real
    > person... Hell, even I can post under that handle as demonstrated by this
    > post. Maybe I'm you?

    I knew you looked familiar...

    Pastorio

  10. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:38:57 -0400, Bob Pastorio wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Mu_Too wrote:
    >
    >> "Mu" is simply a variable usenet handle. It cannot be associated with a
    >> real
    >> person... Hell, even I can post under that handle as demonstrated by this
    >> post. Maybe I'm you?

    > I knew you looked familiar...

    Looks like the "challenge" was nothing but a bunch of hot air in the end. Too
    bad, but not surprising.

    Steve

  11. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:38:57 -0400, Bob Pastorio wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Mu_Too wrote:
    >
    >> "Mu" is simply a variable usenet handle. It cannot be associated with a
    >> real
    >> person... Hell, even I can post under that handle as demonstrated by this
    >> post. Maybe I'm you?

    > I knew you looked familiar...

    Looks like the "challenge" was nothing but a bunch of hot air in the end. Too
    bad, but not surprising.

    Steve

  12. On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:38:48 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >While reading his description,..

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

  13. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Mu_nlight Drive wrote:

    > I'm no longer interested

    Oh, sure you are. That's why you keep replying.

    People laughing at your challenge again? Three cups and only one ball.
    Switch 'em around. COnfuse the spectators. Still, only one ball.

    Story of your life.

    Pastorio

  14. Harvest Mu_n

    Harvest Mu_n Guest