OT: This is pretty cool (alternative car fuel)

> Technician wrote:
> >>Currently 49p on a litre of unleaded.
> >

> > Damn! i much prefer my $1.49/gallon here. (now, if i calculated this right, that's about
> > 0.240454p/liter, though i could be way off)
>
> Way off. $1.49/gallon = 20p/litre (at current exchange rate).

hmm, obviously math is not one of my strong points.
--
~Travis

Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Damn! i much prefer my $1.49/gallon here. (now, if i calculated this right, that's about
> > > 0.240454p/liter, though
> > > could be way off)
> >
> > Way off. $1.49/gallon = 20p/litre (at current exchange rate).
> >

> hmm, obviously math is not one of my strong points.

You ever thought about becoming an engineer?

Shaun aRe

> Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Way off. $1.49/gallon = 20p/litre (at current exchange rate).
> > >

> > hmm, obviously math is not one of my strong points.
>
> You ever thought about becoming an engineer?

i do belive, unless you are being sarcastic, my previous comment suggests the answer.
--
~Travis

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>hmm, obviously math is not one of my strong points.
> >

> > You ever thought about becoming an engineer?
>
> Yeah, if you did, you could be Shaun's boss...

We aren't and engineering co. dummy.

Shaun aRe

> bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > You ever thought about becoming an engineer?
> >
> > Yeah, if you did, you could be Shaun's boss...
>
> We aren't and engineering co. dummy.

ok, i think i have missed something that i'm sure everybody else is rolling their eyes at me for.
--
~Travis

"MicroThing" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "David Kunz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > grease for free! Unfortunately, I believe that it's illegal for road use in the US <sigh>
>
> Any idea why? Apart from the usual "coz the govt aren't making money from it" ****?

Bio Diesel "is" legal in all 50 U.S. states . There are even a few biodiesel refineries . One I
know of is located somewhere in Florida
. The refineries remove the stuff that clogs fuel filters and put in the neccessary additives to
allow the veggie fuel to burn more cleaner
. Some of the big oil companies are experimenting with it by adding the biodiesel to the regular
stock of diesel fuel . There are some Gas stations that carry the Veggie fuel on a test marketing
basis . There are even engineering experiments on going to use the veggie fuel as an alternative
to home heating 'fossil' fuels .

M&M ( Oh the wonder of watching the Discovery Channel , TLC and the
History Channel )

> Technician wrote:
> >>Currently 49p on a litre of unleaded.
> >

> > Damn! i much prefer my $1.49/gallon here. (now, if i calculated this right, that's about
> > 0.240454p/liter, though i could be way off)
>
> Way off. $1.49/gallon = 20p/litre (at current exchange rate).

Whats a gallon? Is it 4.55 litres or 3.78 liters?

> > > Damn! i much prefer my $1.49/gallon here. (now, if i calculated this right, that's about
> > > 0.240454p/liter, though i could be way off)
> >
> > Way off. $1.49/gallon = 20p/litre (at current exchange rate).
>
> Whats a gallon? Is it 4.55 litres or 3.78 liters?

1 US gallon = 3.79 liters = 0.83 UK gallons
--
~Travis