OT:Trent Lott's (among others) self-hatred

D'ohBoy

Guest
Quoth Trent:

"It is [a sin]....You should try to show them a way to deal with that
problem, just like alcohol...or sex addiction...or kleptomaniacs." -
Senate Republican Leader Trent Lott, Associated Press, June 15, 1998.

Trent apparently new more about this sin than he was letting on. And
wouldn't he like to believe that his predilections were somehow a
sickness, rather than his lot in life?

Craig, that rep from Florida, Rev, Haggard, all of this right wing
anti-gay agitation appears to be motivated by self-hatred.

Dudes should all just accept who they are. Sad they have to ruin so
many other's lives as well as their own.

D'ohBoy

In article
<[email protected]>,
"D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Quoth Trent:
>
> "It is [a sin]....You should try to show them a way to deal with that
> problem, just like alcohol...or sex addiction...or kleptomaniacs." -
> Senate Republican Leader Trent Lott, Associated Press, June 15, 1998.
>
> Trent apparently new more about this sin than he was letting on. And
> wouldn't he like to believe that his predilections were somehow a
> sickness, rather than his lot in life?
>
> Craig, that rep from Florida, Rev, Haggard, all of this right wing
> anti-gay agitation appears to be motivated by self-hatred.

I think I'll wait for something more substantial than the ravings of the
blogosphere. Currently I find nothing in the legitimate press about
this. At this point it's nothing more than mudslinging and a weird
reverse hate-mongering.

Hatin' the haters just leads to the situation about which Gandhi
remarked so succinctly: "an eye for an eye makes the whole world
blind." There are two choices for peace: eliminate your enemies by
killing them all off, or convert your enemies into friends.

> Dudes should all just accept who they are. Sad they have to ruin so
> many other's lives as well as their own.

On this we agree. But it's not going to happen as long as homophobic
religions reign as the self-appointed "core" values of many of the
world's cultures.

D'ohBoy wrote:
> Quoth Trent:
>
> "It is [a sin]....You should try to show them a way to deal with that
> problem, just like alcohol...or sex addiction...or kleptomaniacs." -
> Senate Republican Leader Trent Lott, Associated Press, June 15, 1998....

What a moron. Alcohol is good for you when consumed in moderate amounts,
and there is no downside to consensual sex as long as proper precautions
are taken to avoid the spread of disease and unwanted pregnancy.

Someday (if civilization survives), the repression of natural sexual
behavior in children and adolescents that is standard practice in USian
and several other societies will be seen as child abuse, as it causes
psychological damage through guilt.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter