OT : Trolling and riding

GWood

Guest
<Rant>
Just thought I'd check on the groups that our favorite troll cross-posts to
when venting against mountain biking. Not only is there relatively little
traffic in these groups, "V" seems to have no current posts *contributing*
to any of them - just the cross-posted responses he drags out of a.m.b. with
sad regularity.

So what's my point? If y'all stop feeding the troll, he'll starve. For
crying out loud, how many times does the same drivel have to pass back and
forth? He's not being an activist in these other groups, he's just spamming
them with a.m.b. outrage. He's pushing yer freakin buttons and yer saying
"Please sir, may I have another?".

Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
respond to this dickwad?
</Rant>

Got a Werewolf scratch today after deciding to ride to work on the /ulp/
roads. Decided not to swap out to my road-friendly tires, just pumped my
Weirwolves up pretty hard. Came around a paved corner at speed and almost
lost it, must have hit some sand or something. Luckily my front wheel was
only inches from a curb, which prevented me from a lay-down. My knee grazed
the chain rings for a little reminder that asphalt can hurt a lot more than
hardpack.

Looking Soooo forward to MTB Oregon next month in Oakridge!

Gary

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:56:28 GMT, "GWood" <[email protected]> wrote:

..<Rant>
..Just thought I'd check on the groups that our favorite troll cross-posts to
..when venting against mountain biking. Not only is there relatively little
..traffic in these groups, "V" seems to have no current posts *contributing*
..to any of them - just the cross-posted responses he drags out of a.m.b. with
..sad regularity.
..
..So what's my point? If y'all stop feeding the troll, he'll starve. For
..crying out loud, how many times does the same drivel have to pass back and
..forth? He's not being an activist in these other groups, he's just spamming
..them with a.m.b. outrage. He's pushing yer freakin buttons and yer saying
.."Please sir, may I have another?".

Yep.

..Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
..respond to this dickwad?

Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
> .respond to this dickwad?
>
> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.

LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
You couldn't stop posting to this, and other, groups if you tried. I
know that you never will; you wouldn't want to give us the satisfaction,
but you thrive on the attention. Even if you tried, you couldn't stop.
--
Westie

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:56:28 GMT, "GWood" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .<Rant>
> .Just thought I'd check on the groups that our favorite troll cross-posts
> .when venting against mountain biking. Not only is there relatively
> little
> .traffic in these groups, "V" seems to have no current posts
> *contributing*
> .to any of them - just the cross-posted responses he drags out of a.m.b.
> with
> .sad regularity.
> .
> .So what's my point? If y'all stop feeding the troll, he'll starve. For
> .crying out loud, how many times does the same drivel have to pass back
> and
> .forth? He's not being an activist in these other groups, he's just
> spamming
> .them with a.m.b. outrage. He's pushing yer freakin buttons and yer
> saying
> ."Please sir, may I have another?".
>
> Yep.
>
> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
> .respond to this dickwad?
>
> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

but it's entertaining to see Mike make such a fool of himself, you can
predict what he's going to do and he never lets you down.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:48:00 +1200, Westie <[email protected]> wrote:

..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
..> .respond to this dickwad?
..>
..> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.
..
..LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
..You couldn't stop posting to this, and other, groups if you tried. I
..know that you never will; you wouldn't want to give us the satisfaction,
..but you thrive on the attention. Even if you tried, you couldn't stop.

BS. I have stopped many times. If you had any self-control, you wouldn't respond
to me. But I know you WILL, proving my point.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 00:11:26 -0600, "Joe Fisher" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..
..> but you thrive on the attention.
..
..Bingo!
..Joe

BS. I don't care if you respond or not! In fact, it's better for me if you
don't: no one to refute me (not that you can even if you TRY!).
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:35:18 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:56:28 GMT, "GWood" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .<Rant>
..> .Just thought I'd check on the groups that our favorite troll cross-posts
..> .when venting against mountain biking. Not only is there relatively
..> little
..> .traffic in these groups, "V" seems to have no current posts
..> *contributing*
..> .to any of them - just the cross-posted responses he drags out of a.m.b.
..> with
..> .sad regularity.
..> .
..> .So what's my point? If y'all stop feeding the troll, he'll starve. For
..> .crying out loud, how many times does the same drivel have to pass back
..> and
..> .forth? He's not being an activist in these other groups, he's just
..> spamming
..> .them with a.m.b. outrage. He's pushing yer freakin buttons and yer
..> saying
..> ."Please sir, may I have another?".
..>
..> Yep.
..>
..> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
..> .respond to this dickwad?
..>
..> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..
..but it's entertaining to see Mike make such a fool of himself, you can
..predict what he's going to do and he never lets you down.

.... proving that you have no LIFE whatsoever!
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> BS. I have stopped many times.

Gee, how many addicts say THAT?!?

The /idea/, dor(r)c, is to STAY stopped.

Sea Kelp...please.

GWood wrote:
> Looking Soooo forward to MTB Oregon next month in Oakridge!

Be sure to laugh at the moving billboard of tattoos named kraig while
you are there.

JD

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> BS. I don't care if you respond or not! In fact, it's better for me if you
> don't: no one to refute me (not that you can even if you TRY!).
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

What type of tread to you recommend for hardpack?

Westie wrote:
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
>> .respond to this dickwad?
>>
>> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.

> LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
> You couldn't stop posting to this, and other, groups if you tried. I
> know that you never will; you wouldn't want to give us the satisfaction,
> but you thrive on the attention. Even if you tried, you couldn't stop.
> --
> Westie

Maybe with all his experience he can share some bike maintenance tips
with us, as an X-Mountain Biker he should know some. With all those
bikes in Berkeley his should have some knowledge of bikes... ;)

Westie wrote:
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>> .Can't we pleeeasse talk about biking and pass on the knee-jerk need to
>> .respond to this dickwad?
>>
>> Nope. Mountain bikers have ZERO self-control.

> LOL. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
> You couldn't stop posting to this, and other, groups if you tried. I
> know that you never will; you wouldn't want to give us the satisfaction,
> but you thrive on the attention. Even if you tried, you couldn't stop.

Guys and gals, what's terribly annoying, although Gary's idea is spot
on, and even if someone filters out Mike Vandeman on top of that, when
you reply to any of his posts two things happen:

1) He'll have a reason to keep going, and 2) the people that have
filtered him out still get to read his pathetic messages.

Please don't feed the trolls. The game is older than usenet itself. :-(

-Brian

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> BS. I have stopped many times. If you had any self-control, you wouldn't respond
> to me. But I know you WILL, proving my point.

Touche, Mike. If people keep throwing stones at me, I'll keep getting
annoyed. The best solution would be to stop the people throwing the
stones. But as I have already pointed out, you can't stop "throwing
stones" even if you wanted.

BTW, "I have stopped many times." Hmmmm. You sound an awful lot like
some smokers that I know. " I gave up smoking for a whole day yesterday"

Spout all the gibberish you want about self control, but this is one
situation where actions speak louder than words. Put up and stop
posting, or shut up and stop saying that you can stop if you wanted to.

Face it, this is one situation you can't talk yourself out of.
--
Westie

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:11:16 -0700, Bob R wrote:
>>
>> "GWood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Looking Soooo forward to MTB Oregon next month in Oakridge!

>> Can you say "piano wire"

> Oh c'mon, somebody's gotta say it..."your threat is duely noted"!
>
>>:)
>>
>> see ya there

> With or without piano wire?
>
> --
> -BB-
> To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Might even make it to Clackamas soon :)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:25:01 -0700, Bob R wrote:

> Might even make it to Clackamas soon :)

So?