    ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis

    "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."

    Tags:

  2. On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:
    > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >
    > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge from
    > the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it will stab
    > you in the back.
    >
    > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".

    moral of the story, courtesy of Mark Twain: "If you don't lie, you don't have to remember anything."

    Second moral: Never compromise your own integrity.

    Take responsibility for your own actions.

    --
    monique

  3. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Merlin wrote:

    > torn away from me. all because a certain somebody instructed me to lie to get into the army, there
    > is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >
    > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge from
    > the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it will stab
    > you in the back.
    >
    > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    >
    > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    >
    > "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."

    Uh, Travis, who was that "certain somebody" and why did they tell you to lie? Wh t in specific did
    you fudge the details on? Despite what some on this board may indicate, I'd say that the majority of
    us who frequent this board really do want things to work out for you. Do what you can to make it
    right, Travis. Do what you can.

    Miles

  4. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Merlin wrote:
    > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > me to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >
    > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge from
    > the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it will stab
    > you in the back.
    >
    > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    >
    > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    >
    > "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."

    Stop playing the victim, Travis, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your life. No one made you do anything.
    Tell the truth, and whatever happens happens.

    Why are you sharing your "private life" (no pun intended any longer, perhaps) with a bunch of
    faceless yahoos on Usenet? It just opens you up to abuse from mean-spirited losers, and fosters your
    low self-esteem. (That's your parents' job, anyway :)

    Drop the rock, son.

    Bill "growing up sucks; deal with it" S.

  5. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:
    > > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > > to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    > >
    > > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    > > from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    > > will stab you in the back.
    > >
    > > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    > >

    > moral of the story, courtesy of Mark Twain: "If you don't lie, you don't have to remember
    > anything."
    >
    > Second moral: Never compromise your own integrity.
    >
    > Take responsibility for your own actions.
    >
    > --
    > monique

  6. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Merlin wrote:
    > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:
    >>> well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    >>> me to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >>>
    >>> so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    >>> from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    >>> will stab you in the back.
    >>>
    >>> moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    >>>

    >> moral of the story, courtesy of Mark Twain: "If you don't lie, you don't have to remember
    >> anything."
    >>
    >> Second moral: Never compromise your own integrity.
    >>
    >> Take responsibility for your own actions.
    >>
    >> --
    >> monique

    Assuming this is really Travis and not a troll (who isn't Travis):

    She speaks the truth, and apparently it hurts. Monique's reply will likely be one of the more
    sympathetic and well-meaning ones you're likely to get here. Now you're just acting like a baby.
    Grow up and take some responsibility for yourself.

    I honestly hope you find yourself and get on track. Good luck.

    Matt

    PS you should apologize too

  7. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Merlin wrote:
    > > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > > torn away from me. all because a certain somebody instructed me to lie
    > > get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    > >
    > > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    > > from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    > > will stab you in the
    back.

    > > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be
    violated".

    > > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    > >
    > > "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."
    > >

    > Uh, Travis, who was that "certain somebody"

    my recruiter

    > and why did they tell you to lie?

    to make things "run smoother"

    > Wh t in specific did you fudge the details on?

    "have you ever had any trouble with the law, or any agency?" I have a pending enditement for
    something I did 2 years ago. it was classified as "trafficking contraband", and I'll leave
    it at that.

    > Despite what some on this board may indicate, I'd say that the majority of us who frequent this
    > board really do want things to work out for you. Do what you can to make it right, Travis. Do what
    > you can.

    it is unfortunately completely out of my hands. as I was writing this, I got a call from above
    mentioned recruiter that I have in fact been discharged from the army, pending the outcome of the
    enditement.

  8. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Merlin wrote:
    > > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > > me to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    > >
    > > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    > > from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    > > will stab you in the back.
    > >
    > > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    > >
    > > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    > >
    > > "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."
    >
    > Stop playing the victim, Travis, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your life.
    No
    > one made you do anything. Tell the truth, and whatever happens happens.

    uh, actually, yes. my recruiter did coerce me to lie. Portland to Farmington is a very long walk.

    > Why are you sharing your "private life" (no pun intended any longer, perhaps) with a bunch of
    > faceless yahoos on Usenet? It just opens you up
    > abuse from mean-spirited losers, and fosters your low self-esteem.
    (That's
    > your parents' job, anyway :)

    why? because at this point, I couldn't care less. and there are aspects of my life that are pretty
    much private. mainly because they were mentioned a while ago, and either it was forgotten, or nobody
    thought it was the truth.

    and besides, my low self-esteem needs no fuel from "faceless yahoos" to burn out of control. think
    of it as the equivalent of adding a tooth-pick to a bonfire.

  9. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    > PS you should apologize too

    right, like my recruiter apologized for making things much worse for me.

  10. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Merlin wrote:
    >> PS you should apologize too
    >>

    > right, like my recruiter apologized for making things much worse for
    > me.

    Just because other people don't do the right thing doesn't mean you shouldn't either.

    I was actually referring to Monique. From my experience, that seems to be about the nastiest thing
    you can call a woman (still not sure EXACTLY why, but that's another matter). I don't think she
    deserved it.

    Reading your other responses, it looks like maybe you were mislead. Make sure the authorities know
    that this was the case. Come clean with everything. Worst case is you'll still be in the same
    situation.

    Matt

  11. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > torn away from me. all because a certain somebody instructed me to lie to get into the army, there
    > is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >
    > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge from
    > the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it will stab
    > you in the back.
    >
    > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    >
    > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis

    Your subject - "typical, just typical" - reflects not the recent events but your response to them.
    YOU were the one busted for (what apparently is) drug trafficking/possession/dealing, and YOU
    compromised yourself by lying. It was the Army that put its trust in you - you say "trust the
    systems [sic] and it will stab you in the back" yet you were the one that lied to gain admission
    into the Army. Too often those that cause the problems act as the wronged party. Understand wherein
    the errors lie, and understand who is truly at fault.

    And, after your response to Monique, I think anyone who would have wished

    Seriously, an administration desperate for war all over the world needs all the help it can get,
    especially in the face of the highest suicide rate among serviceman in US history...and they kicked
    you out? Wow. Nice work.

    Chris (has a killer job, academic honors at a major university, a hot girlfriend, a badass bike, and
    a new car. See what can happen when you don't deal drugs or lie to people?)

  12. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Merlin wrote:
    > >> PS you should apologize too
    > >>

    > > right, like my recruiter apologized for making things much worse for
    > > me.
    >
    > Just because other people don't do the right thing doesn't mean you shouldn't either.
    >
    > I was actually referring to Monique. From my experience, that seems to be about the nastiest thing
    > you can call a woman (still not sure EXACTLY why, but that's another matter). I don't think she
    > deserved it.

    after having time to cool down, I realize that it was harsh, and I do apologize. I was so pissed off
    at the situation that I was quick to temper.

    > Reading your other responses, it looks like maybe you were mislead. Make sure the authorities know
    > that this was the case. Come clean with everything. Worst case is you'll still be in the same
    > situation.

    no, worst case is I may end up in Leavenworth. not sure why, but that's the direction my luck is
    running lately.

    ~Travis

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:58:45 -0700, MattB wrote:

    > I was actually referring to Monique. From my experience, that seems to be about the nastiest thing
    > you can call a woman (still not sure EXACTLY why, but that's another matter). I don't think she
    > deserved it.

    I was always under the impression that the worst thing you could say to a woman was 'You're just
    like your mother' ;)

  14. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    > "Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > > torn away from me. all because a certain somebody instructed me to lie
    > > get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    > >
    > > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    > > from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    > > will stab you in the
    back.

    > > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be
    violated".

    > > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    >
    > Your subject - "typical, just typical" - reflects not the recent events
    but
    > your response to them. YOU were the one busted for (what apparently is) drug
    > trafficking/possession/dealing, and YOU compromised yourself by
    lying.
    > It was the Army that put its trust in you - you say "trust the systems
    [sic]
    > and it will stab you in the back" yet you were the one that lied to gain admission into the Army.
    > Too often those that cause the problems act as
    the
    > wronged party. Understand wherein the errors lie, and understand who is truly at fault.
    >
    > And, after your response to Monique, I think anyone who would have wished

    > Seriously, an administration desperate for war all over the world needs
    all
    > the help it can get, especially in the face of the highest suicide rate among serviceman in US
    > history...and they kicked you out? Wow. Nice
    work.

    > Chris (has a killer job, academic honors at a major university, a hot
    girlfriend,
    > a badass bike, and a new car. See what can happen when you don't deal
    drugs
    > or lie to people?)

    who said anything about drugs? I have never, nor will I ever take, deal, or otherwise traffic drugs.

    ~Travis

  15. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:32:37 -0500, Merlin wrote:

    >> PS you should apologize too
    >>

    > right, like my recruiter apologized for making things much worse for me.

    I don't wish to rub your nose in it, but you're not stupid Travis. You were aware that you were
    taking a calculated risk based on the advice you were given. You must have realised that this would
    be a possibility.

    Redirecting the anger that you feel for losing out on that gamble and for your 'trafficking
    contraband' offence is not going to win you any sympathy. Pick yourself up and start again.

    Good luck.

  16. On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:

    > after having time to cool down, I realize that it was harsh, and I do apologize. I was so pissed
    > off at the situation that I was quick to temper.

    Thank you.

    --
    monique

  17. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Merlin wrote:

    > torn away from me. all because a certain somebody instructed me to lie to get into the army, there
    > is a good chance I will be discharged.
    >
    > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge from
    > the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it will stab
    > you in the back.
    >
    > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    >
    > ~soon to be ex-PVT Travis
    >
    > "remember these three words when you go to MEPS, 'No, Never, and None'."

    I won the pool. I chose that Travis wouldn't even make it to basic training.

    Your BS is getting old. Grow up. Quit lying.

    Greg

  18. On 2004-03-03, bomba penned:
    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:58:45 -0700, MattB wrote:
    >
    >> I was actually referring to Monique. From my experience, that seems to be about the nastiest
    >> thing you can call a woman (still not sure EXACTLY why, but that's another matter). I don't think
    >> she deserved
    >> it.
    >
    > I was always under the impression that the worst thing you could say to a woman was 'You're just
    > like your mother' ;)

    Heh.

    I thought it was, 'Yes, you look fat in that dress.'

    Matt, the reason that I think the "nastiest term" is so nasty is because it metaphorically reduces a
    woman to her privates. The essence of using that insult is, "This woman is so useless that the only
    thing she's good for is providing men with pleasure and making babies."

    For whatever reason, reducing a guy down to his privates doesn't generally have quite the same
    emotional effect. Perhaps because, no matter the negative connotation, they're still associated with
    power and virility?

    Just my take, though.

    --
    monique

  19. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    > On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:
    >
    >>after having time to cool down, I realize that it was harsh, and I do apologize. I was so pissed
    >>off at the situation that I was quick to temper.
    >

    > Thank you.

    You should have waited until after he mailbombs you. Then you'd realize his apology wasn't sincere.

    Greg

  20. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 2004-03-03, Merlin penned:
    > > well, just when I think I have gotten my life on track, it all gets

    > > to lie to get into the army, there is a good chance I will be discharged.
    > >
    > > so lets see, shitty employment record (2 jobs within 8 months), and a dishonorable discharge
    > > from the army. oh yeah, that makes me a prime employment candidate. trust the systems and it
    > > will stab you in the back.
    > >
    > > moral of the story, "trust nobody, and your trust will never be violated".
    > >

    > moral of the story, courtesy of Mark Twain: "If you don't lie, you don't have to remember
    > anything."
    >
    > Second moral: Never compromise your own integrity.
    >
    > Take responsibility for your own actions.
    >
    > --
    > monique

    I tried to lie to a polygrapher once................ In my line of work that's a Bad Idea (tm).
    After two times I came clean and made it through.

    Since then I've taken dozens of polys with no problems. Twain had it going on.

    Marty