OT: Umm Qasr

The Big Baguett

Guest
'Umm Qasr is a town similar to Southampton,' Defence Minister Geoff (Buff)Hoon told the Commons
yesterday. 'He's either never been to Southampton or he's never been to Umm Qasr,' said one British
soldier, told this while patrolling Umm Qasr. Another added, 'There's no beer, no prostitutes and
people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth.'

--
The Big Baguette

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:57:49 +0000, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

>'Umm Qasr is a town similar to Southampton,' Defence Minister Geoff (Buff)Hoon told the Commons
>yesterday. 'He's either never been to Southampton or he's never been to Umm Qasr,' said one British
>soldier, told this while patrolling Umm Qasr. Another added, 'There's no beer, no prostitutes and
>people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth.'

Wondered how long it would be before I saw this on usenet or on a list. I first saw it attributed to
Sky News - anyone know if it is a real quote or just something cobbled together by a Southampton-ite
(aka a 'scummer' in Pompey).