OT: Umm Qasr

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by The Big Baguett, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. 'Umm Qasr is a town similar to Southampton,' Defence Minister Geoff (Buff)Hoon told the Commons
    yesterday. 'He's either never been to Southampton or he's never been to Umm Qasr,' said one British
    soldier, told this while patrolling Umm Qasr. Another added, 'There's no beer, no prostitutes and
    people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth.'

    --
    The Big Baguette

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:57:49 +0000, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

    >'Umm Qasr is a town similar to Southampton,' Defence Minister Geoff (Buff)Hoon told the Commons
    >yesterday. 'He's either never been to Southampton or he's never been to Umm Qasr,' said one British
    >soldier, told this while patrolling Umm Qasr. Another added, 'There's no beer, no prostitutes and
    >people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth.'

    Wondered how long it would be before I saw this on usenet or on a list. I first saw it attributed to
    Sky News - anyone know if it is a real quote or just something cobbled together by a Southampton-ite
    (aka a 'scummer' in Pompey).