OT? : Unfortunate name for a beer.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  3. Ms Jedi

    Ms Jedi Guest

    for some cheap cycling stuff (to keep on topic), I got some
    > Italian
    > > beer in the German Aldi supermarket that seems to advertise its Danish cut price rivals.
    > >
    > > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbeer.htm
    >

    > Are they suggesting its so crap you could buy it from rivals Netto??

    Looks like your cat wants out Simon.

    --
    MS Jedi

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Looking for some cheap cycling stuff (to keep on topic), I got some
    > Italian
    > > beer in the German Aldi supermarket that seems to advertise its Danish
    cut
    > > price rivals.
    > >
    > > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbeer.htm
    >

    > Are they suggesting its so crap you could buy it from rivals Netto??

    It wasn't too bad at 99p per 660 cm3. It was certainly a lot better than certain Bud*, Miller
    Sh***, etc.
    --
    Simon

  5. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:

    >It wasn't too bad at 99p per 660 cm3. It was certainly a lot better than certain Bud*

    Budvar is an excellent lager.
    --
    remove remove to reply

  6. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > Looking for some cheap cycling stuff (to keep on topic), I got some Italian beer in the German
    > Aldi supermarket that seems to advertise its Danish cut price rivals.
    >
    > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbeer.htm

    Looking forward to going to Lapland this Christmas with my wife and two others. The local beer is
    called Koff, I'll be asking for 4-koff !

  7. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:32:53 +0100, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Looking for some cheap cycling stuff (to keep on topic), I got some Italian beer in the German Aldi
    >supermarket that seems to advertise its Danish cut price rivals.
    >
    >http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zbeer.htm

    Just ten Sonetti, give them to me, Belissimo birra, from Italy, Oh yes, plus cups of tea, Damn all
    that liquid. I need a pee.

    The sixth tenor

    --
    "Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

  8. Me

    Me Guest

    ok, I'm stupid. What's the joke?

    Sonetto? whats that mean?

    Nice cat by the way, wish I could get mine to do the washing up...

    "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    >
    > >It wasn't too bad at 99p per 660 cm3. It was certainly a lot better than certain Bud*
    >
    > Budvar is an excellent lager.
    > --
    > remove remove to reply

  9. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > ok, I'm stupid. What's the joke?
    >
    > Sonetto? whats that mean?

    One of Aldi's main competitors in the UK is Netto. Aldi sells a lager call So Netto! Maybe Aldi can
    get the company to print the labels with Sodnetto on next time.

    Colin

  10. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    >
    > >It wasn't too bad at 99p per 660 cm3. It was certainly a lot better than certain Bud*
    >
    > Budvar is an excellent lager.

    Indeed it is (got a few in the fridge now), I was referring to the ghastly US rip off of the Czech
    beer brewed with rice as its major ingredient in Mortlake, London.

  11. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:

    >> Budvar is an excellent lager.
    >
    > Indeed it is (got a few in the fridge now), I was referring to the ghastly US rip off of the
    > Czech beer brewed with rice as its major ingredient in Mortlake, London.

    Fresh beer, they do better to put some golden syrup in it and call it beer-pop.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK