OT: USA

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by US Citizen, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. US Citizen

    US Citizen Guest

    This Was in a Tampa Newspaper....Please Read

    Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that
    came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

    Think about it!

    All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

    I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by
    everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to
    be Season's Greetings. { B.S. !!! }

    It's not Christmas vacation anymore , it's Winter Break . Isn't it amazing
    how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? [ B.S.
    ]

    We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone,
    that I am now being offended !!! But it seems that no one has a problem
    with that.
    This says it all!

    This is an editorial written by an
    American citizen, published in a
    Tampa newspaper.

    IMMIGRANTS ,
    NOT AMERICANS ,
    MUST ADAPT.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
    are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks
    on Sept. 11,
    we have experienced a surge
    in patriotism by the majority
    of Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had
    barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining
    about
    the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

    I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is
    seeking a better life by coming to America.
    Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
    However, there
    are a few things that those
    who have recently come to
    our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
    This idea of America being a
    multicultural community
    has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As
    Americans....
    we have our own culture, our
    own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been
    developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of
    men and women who have sought freedom.

    We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    Russian, or any other language.
    Therefore, if you wish to become part
    of our society, learn the language!

    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right
    wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and
    women.......on Christian

    principles. ...........
    founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.
    It is certainly appropriate to display it
    on the walls of our schools.
    If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world
    as
    your new home.........because
    God is part of our culture.

    If Stars & Stripes offend you, or
    you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    should seriously consider a move
    to another part of this planet.
    We
    are happy with our culture and have
    no desire to change, and we really
    don't care how you did things where
    you came from.
    This is
    "OUR COUNTRY" ,,,
    our land, and our lifestyle.
    Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    right to express his opinion and we
    will allow you every opportunity to do so!
    But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping.......
    about our flag.......
    our pledge...... our national motto........or our
    way of life....I highly encourage you to
    take advantage of one other

    Great American Freedom ......

    THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

    It is Time for America to Speak up !!

    Tags:

  2. Kat

    Kat Guest

    "US Citizen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This Was in a Tampa Newspaper....Please Read
    >
    > Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    > to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that
    > came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    >
    > Think about it!
    >
    > All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?
    >

    > I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by
    > everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to
    > be Season's Greetings. { B.S. !!! }
    >
    > It's not Christmas vacation anymore , it's Winter Break . Isn't it amazing
    > how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? [ B.S.
    > ]
    >
    > We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone,
    > that I am now being offended !!! But it seems that no one has a problem
    > with that.
    > This says it all!
    >

    > This is an editorial written by an
    > American citizen, published in a
    > Tampa newspaper.
    >
    > IMMIGRANTS ,
    > NOT AMERICANS ,
    > MUST ADAPT.
    > I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
    > are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist
    > attacks
    > on Sept. 11,
    > we have experienced a surge
    > in patriotism by the majority
    > of Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had
    > barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining
    > about
    > the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
    >
    > I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is
    > seeking a better life by coming to America.
    > Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
    > However, there
    > are a few things that those
    > who have recently come to
    > our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
    > This idea of America being a
    > multicultural community
    > has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As
    > Americans....
    > we have our own culture, our
    > own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been
    > developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions
    > of
    > men and women who have sought freedom.
    >

    > We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    > Russian, or any other language.

    Wrong.

    > Therefore, if you wish to become part
    > of our society, learn the language!
    >
    > "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right
    > wing, political slogan..

    Wrong.

    We adopted this motto because Christian men and
    > women......

    WRONG.

    ..on Christian

    > principles. ...........
    > founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.
    > It is certainly appropriate to display it
    > on the walls of our schools.
    > If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world
    > as
    > your new home.........because
    > God is part of our culture.

    Wrong.

    > If Stars & Stripes offend you, or
    > you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    > should seriously consider a move
    > to another part of this planet.
    > We
    > are happy with our culture and have
    > no desire to change,

    Wrong.

    and we really
    > don't care how you did things where
    > you came from.

    Wrong.

    > This is
    > "OUR COUNTRY" ,,,
    > our land, and our lifestyle.
    > Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    > right to express his opinion and we
    > will allow you every opportunity to do so!
    > But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping.......
    > about our flag.......
    > our pledge...... our national motto........or our
    > way of life....I highly encourage you to
    > take advantage of one other
    >
    > Great American Freedom ......
    >
    > THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
    >

    > It is Time for America to Speak up !!

    /vomit.

  3. FDR

    FDR Guest

> [...]
    > as
    > your new home.........because
    > God is part of our culture.
    >
    > If Stars & Stripes offend you, or
    > you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
    > should seriously consider a move
    > to another part of this planet.
    > We
    > are happy with our culture and have
    > no desire to change, and we really
    > don't care how you did things where
    > you came from.
    > This is
    > "OUR COUNTRY" ,,,
    > our land, and our lifestyle.
    > Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
    > right to express his opinion and we
    > will allow you every opportunity to do so!
    > But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping.......
    > about our flag.......
    > our pledge...... our national motto........or our
    > way of life....I highly encourage you to

    Yep, let's make it a country club!

  4. rosie

    rosie Guest

    I agree.
    Rosie

  5. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "US Citizen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    > Russian, or any other language.
    > Therefore, if you wish to become part
    > of our society, learn the language!

    Although it's a given that some immigrants don't try very hard to learn
    English, neither do some of our own kids or the president. However, you're a
    moron if you think our ancestors were fluent in English when they came from
    places like Poland, Italy, Germany etc. In some cases, they never learned
    the language - their kids were the first to learn it. My Russian great
    grandfather never quite learned - his son was his interpreter.

    Where were YOUR ancestors from, peckerhead?

  6. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-09-29, US Citizen <[email protected]> wrote:
    > This Was in a Tampa Newspaper....Please Read

    When? ...ten years ago? Buzz off.

    nb

  7. Dean G.

    Dean G. Guest

    US Citizen wrote:
    > This Was in a Tampa Newspaper....Please Read
    >
    > Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    > to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that
    > came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    >
    > Think about it!
    >
    > All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

    Rights are for everyone, not just you. If you are unwilling to support
    the rights of others, you will find that your own rights are eroded.

    > I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by
    > everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to
    > be Season's Greetings. { B.S. !!! }

    Only if you are a government employee or agent. Government employees
    and agents are not allowed to advocate or establish any religion. This
    is because we all have the right to freedom of religion. If the
    government acted otherwise, we would all lose that right.

    > It's not Christmas vacation anymore , it's Winter Break . Isn't it amazing
    > how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? [ B.S.
    > ]

    Yes, Christmas, that Christian renaming of a very pagan holliday. We
    should all sit around the pagan christmas tree or pagan yule log and
    celebrate our freedom of religion. Don't forget to put a star on top of
    your tree and liberally indulge in the wassail before liberally
    indulging acts to celebrate the pagan goddess of fertility !

    > We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone,
    > that I am now being offended !!!

    This is a sure sign you are getting to old. Relax, celebrate, and quit
    being such a scrooge. Youth is only wasted on the young if old people
    forget how to enjoy life. Be young again, as this is the spirit of a
    fertility ceremony. Christmas is shortly after the winter solstice
    because the solstice was a time to celebrate the birth-death-rebirth
    cycle of life. I personally revel in the opportunity to be a heathen
    running amok once a year, despite my advancing age.

    > But it seems that no one has a problem
    > with that.
    > This says it all!

    No many people are as angry and hateful as you are. I had thought
    Christians were supposed to love their neighbors as themselves, but
    people like you really turn me off to Christianity.

    > This is an editorial written by an
    > American citizen, published in a
    > Tampa newspaper.

    Tampa : Land of retired midwesterners unhappy with their place in life.

    > IMMIGRANTS ,
    > NOT AMERICANS ,
    > MUST ADAPT.

    Which Native American Tribe's customs should we all adapt to ?

    ----Many lines of meaningless drivel snipped for brevity.----------

    Dean G.

  8. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    "Dean G." wrote:

    > > All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

    > Rights are for everyone, not just you. If you are unwilling to support
    > the rights of others, you will find that your own rights are eroded.

    Isn't it ironic that those who whine the most about their personal rights are
    the first to overlook the rights of others.

  9. On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:43:42 -0700, Ranee Mueller
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Dean G." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Government employees
    >> and agents are not allowed to advocate or establish any religion.

    > No. They are not allowed to establish or prohibit any religion.
    >There is quite a difference.

    Insofar as official life goes (vs personal), 'advocate' is the first
    step toward 'establish'; you're quite right, however, in the reminder
    of 'no prohibition.'

    --
    -denny-

    "I don't like it when a whole state starts
    acting like a marital aid."
    "John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.

  10. Paul M. Cook

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "US Citizen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This Was in a Tampa Newspaper....Please Read
    >
    > Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    > to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that
    > came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
    >
    > Think about it!
    >
    > All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?
    >

    > I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by
    > everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to
    > be Season's Greetings. { B.S. !!! }

    Who says? Say whatever you want. Actually I believe it is the christian
    extremists who were decrying the use of Happy Holidays. They insisted on
    Merry Christmas. Despite the fact that Christmas and its traditions were
    all borrowed from the Pagans.

    > It's not Christmas vacation anymore , it's Winter Break . Isn't it amazing
    > how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? [ B.S.
    > ]

    See above. The most important holiday to most Christians is Easter.

    > We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone,
    > that I am now being offended !!! But it seems that no one has a problem
    > with that.
    > This says it all!

    You've said a mousefull.

    > This is an editorial written by an
    > American citizen, published in a
    > Tampa newspaper.

    Paul

  11. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    US Citizen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
    > to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries

    This is a joke, right? If not, then it must be a troll.

  12. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    "Paul M. Cook" wrote:

    > Who says? Say whatever you want. Actually I believe it is the christian
    > extremists who were decrying the use of Happy Holidays. They insisted on
    > Merry Christmas. Despite the fact that Christmas and its traditions were
    > all borrowed from the Pagans.

    We have a bunch of Mennonites around here who raised a stink about schools doing
    Halloween activities.

  13. alsandor

    alsandor Guest

    Dave Smith a écrit :

    > "Dean G." wrote:
    >

    > > > All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

    > > Rights are for everyone, not just you. If you are unwilling to support
    > > the rights of others, you will find that your own rights are eroded.

    > Isn't it ironic that those who whine the most about their personal rightsare
    > the first to overlook the rights of others.

    That's because it's the only way they can do that, to disregard the
    flagrant imbalance in their view and hold others responsible for their
    lack of acumen.

  14. alsandor

    alsandor Guest

    Paul M. Cook a écrit :

    > Who says? Say whatever you want. Actually I believe it is the christian
    > extremists who were decrying the use of Happy Holidays. They insisted on
    > Merry Christmas. Despite the fact that Christmas and its traditions were
    > all borrowed from the Pagans.

    Actually, the Romans were not pagans. They believed in deities.
    Although commonly used to mean polytheistic religions of ancient
    Europe, paganism is originally a latin term referring to "paganus", an
    adjective originally meaning "rural", "rustic" or "of the country". In
    other words, not "ciuitatus" or "of the city". The Romans from whom we
    hold the dual feasts of Sol Indigetis and Saturnalia were residents of
    Rome. The feasts are found in the calendar of Numa Pompilius, second
    legendary king of Rome and successor to Romulus, who instituted a
    calendrical reform. So, the feasts in question are "ciuitati" and
    therefore cannot be "pagani".

  15. Dean wrote:

    > I personally revel in the opportunity to be a heathen
    > running amok once a year, despite my advancing age.

    Same here, but I do it on Halloween.

    Bob

  16. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    alsandor wrote:

    > Paul M. Cook a écrit :
    >
    > > Who says? Say whatever you want. Actually I believe it is the christian
    > > extremists who were decrying the use of Happy Holidays. They insisted on
    > > Merry Christmas. Despite the fact that Christmas and its traditions were
    > > all borrowed from the Pagans.

    > Actually, the Romans were not pagans. They believed in deities.

    Romans? What Romans? I thought that Paul was referring to the winter festivals
    of the Pagans that included decorated trees.

  17. FDR

    FDR Guest

    "Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > US Citizen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >> Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we
    >> continue
    >> to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries

    > This is a joke, right? If not, then it must be a troll.

    When the poeple of other countries are becoming the majority, then Democracy
    will favor them.

  18. Joan in GB-W

    Joan in GB-W Guest

    "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > "US Citizen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
    > > Russian, or any other language.
    > > Therefore, if you wish to become part
    > > of our society, learn the language!

    > Although it's a given that some immigrants don't try very hard to learn
    > English, neither do some of our own kids or the president. However, you're

    > moron if you think our ancestors were fluent in English when they came

    from
    > places like Poland, Italy, Germany etc. In some cases, they never learned
    > the language - their kids were the first to learn it. My Russian great
    > grandfather never quite learned - his son was his interpreter.
    >
    > Where were YOUR ancestors from, peckerhead?

    My great-grandfather, an immigrant from Germany, fought in the Civil (or
    Uncivil) War on the side of the North----and he did not speak English.

    The city I live in recently put into local law an ordinance that English be
    the official language of the county. Anyway, when the side opposing the
    legislation (I might add that that was my side) pointed out to them that the
    current immigrants are learning English far faster than OUR ancestors did
    way back when, they ignored those facts.

    Joan

  19. Joan in GB-W

    Joan in GB-W Guest

    > > IMMIGRANTS ,
    > > NOT AMERICANS ,
    > > MUST ADAPT.

    > Which Native American Tribe's customs should we all adapt to ?
    >

    > ----Many lines of meaningless drivel snipped for brevity.----------
    >
    > Dean G.

    Great statement, Dean.

    Joan