OT - Viking Kittens

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by SteveA, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  3. ray

    ray Guest

  4. ray

    ray Guest

  5. dave

    dave Guest

    ray wrote:
    > SteveA wrote:
    >
    >> How did cats come to Australia?
    >>

    >> http://www.public.asu.edu/~mharp/viking_kittens/VikingKitten.htm
    >>
    >> SteveA
    >>

    > Lovely, but what does this have to do with bicycles? Cats arrived here
    > the same way everything else European did, WE brought them.

    Ray. I have news for you

    The awful truth. They bought us.

    Will see if I can find you a cat riding a bike

    Dave

  6. dave

    dave Guest

    ray wrote:
    > SteveA wrote:
    >
    >> How did cats come to Australia?
    >>

    >> http://www.public.asu.edu/~mharp/viking_kittens/VikingKitten.htm
    >>
    >> SteveA
    >>

    > Lovely, but what does this have to do with bicycles? Cats arrived here
    > the same way everything else European did, WE brought them.

    Ray. I have news for you

    The awful truth. They bought us.

    Will see if I can find you a cat riding a bike

    Dave

  7. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    The statistically high correlation between cat ownership* and bicycle usage?

    *to the extent that anyone owns a cat

    SteveA

  8. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    ... And left handedness? Ok that one maybe complete bollox.

  9. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Yes, my cat is lefthanded, but she is also siamese (oops - is that being
    breedist?? :confused: )

  10. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    ray <[email protected]> wrote:
    > SteveA wrote:
    >> How did cats come to Australia?
    >>

    >> http://www.public.asu.edu/~mharp/viking_kittens/VikingKitten.htm
    >>
    >> SteveA
    >>

    > Lovely, but what does this have to do with bicycles? Cats arrived here

    Nothing - but that's why he started the subject line with "OT", off
    topic. If you never want to read off topic posts, skip those (manually
    or by filtering) that start with "OT".

    --
    ..dt

  11. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-02-15, warrwych (aka Bruce)

    > cfsmtb Wrote:
    >> ... And left handedness? Ok that one maybe complete bollox.

    > Yes, my cat is lefthanded, but she is also siamese

    Backfooted or front footed? :)

    Heh. I promise, I didn't influence siggy today -- he did it all by
    himself.

    --
    TimC
    Disclaimer: Due to feline interference, this post may contain typographical

  12. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Front - left
    Back - right

    A crosspaw!!!

  13. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    There is a high correlation between left handedness and mathematical ability. Does a higher proportion of mathematicians, physicists, engineers ride bikes compared to the general population? a.b may not be a good sample but.............

    Steve(p + 1/2 pV^2 +pgh = constant)A

  14. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-02-16, SteveA (aka Bruce)
    > a.b may not
    > be a good sample but.............

    Of fizisists?

    > Steve(p + 1/2 pV^2 +pgh = constant)A

    /me runs away screaming!

    Bloody virial theorem. Thank goodness for the `units` program, being
    able to sort out silly astrofisicists habits of using CGS units for
    some things, and kiloparsecs for others.

    --
    TimC
    Hell - n. The current residence of Mr. Noah Webster, Lexicographer.

  15. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    N + 1

    Is what Bikesoiler & I live by. :p

  16. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-02-16, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

    > SteveA Wrote:
    >> There is a high correlation between left handedness and mathematical
    >> ability. Does a higher proportion of mathematicians, physicists,
    >> engineers ride bikes compared to the general population? a.b may not
    >> be a good sample but.............
    >>

    >> Steve(p + 1/2 pV^2 +pgh = constant)A

    > N + 1
    >
    > Is what Bikesoiler & I live by. :p

    Number density + 1? I doangeddit; the units are all wrong!

    --
    TimC
    And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without knowing