OT: Weapons of mass stupidity

When I was 11 or 12 year old a fellow target
shooter walked in front of the target and ended up with an arrow in
the elbow .So **** does happen. Were only what they call human.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I was 11 or 12 year old a fellow target
> shooter walked in front of the target and ended up with an arrow in
> the elbow .So **** does happen. Were only what they call human.

perfect example of the great white hunter syndrome......"Armstrong said she
was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out
of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail."???

what ever happened to actually walking to hunt down prey? I can't imagine
driving around looking for a covey of quail

Gary (quit hunting due to idiots with guns peppering me with shot)

"Shawn" <sdotherecurry@bresnannextdotnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Slack™ wrote:
>> Unbelievable
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

> Great. Can't even handle a shotgun and he's running the country.
> :p
>
> Shawn

So somehow Cheney is stupid because some dweeb
is walking around downrange. You people crack me up. Seems to me
he handled the weapon just fine. It was obviously
the shotguns fault. The friggin thing should be locked up.

The real question is, did he get the bird?

Marty

"one of the twisted countries" ?

And this is ...?

GWood wrote:
> "one of the twisted countries" ?
>
> And this is ...?

haaahaaa . . . . someone gets it.

Per Marty:
>He's still responsible for where the shot goes and I'm not saying he doesn't
>have some blame. What I am saying though is that it doesn't make him a
>somehow warped or twisted. It does make it an accident.

Am I the only one in the world that's watching this stuff on the evening news
and thinking "Geeze, there's important stuff going on all over the world and
they're serving up this drivel." ?

I mean, like, this was a minor accident between two consenting adults. Beyond
that, who the hell *cares*.
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Marty:
>> He's still responsible for where the shot goes and I'm not saying he doesn't
>> have some blame. What I am saying though is that it doesn't make him a
>> somehow warped or twisted. It does make it an accident.

> Am I the only one in the world that's watching this stuff on the evening news
> and thinking "Geeze, there's important stuff going on all over the world and
> they're serving up this drivel." ?
>
> I mean, like, this was a minor accident between two consenting adults. Beyond
> that, who the hell *cares*.

Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Per Ride-A-Lot:
>Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
>States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

But do we expect the guy to spats with his wife?

How about when he stumbles a little in a hallway and bumps into another person?

It's not like he tried to blow the guy's brains out and then cover it up. They
were acquaintances and neither one of them was complaining.

I'm no fan of Cheney - or of the current administration... but in the context of
global geopolitics, a hunting accident in which nobody was killed or seriously
injured and in which neither of the participants felt any need to tell the world
- seems tb none of my business.
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Ride-A-Lot:
>> Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
>> States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

> But do we expect the guy to spats with his wife?
>
> How about when he stumbles a little in a hallway and bumps into another person?
>
> It's not like he tried to blow the guy's brains out and then cover it up. They
> were acquaintances and neither one of them was complaining.
>
> I'm no fan of Cheney - or of the current administration... but in the context of
> global geopolitics, a hunting accident in which nobody was killed or seriously
> injured and in which neither of the participants felt any need to tell the world
> - seems tb none of my business.

I am not saying that I disagree with you. You have to look at the
complete picture though. While you and I may not care, there are
289,999,998 other nosy Americans who might. When you're in a high
profile position like the Vice President, it's always better to disclose.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
>
>> Per Marty:
>>
>>> He's still responsible for where the shot goes and I'm not saying he
>>> doesn't
>>> have some blame. What I am saying though is that it doesn't make him a
>>> somehow warped or twisted. It does make it an accident.

>> Am I the only one in the world that's watching this stuff on the
>> evening news
>> and thinking "Geeze, there's important stuff going on all over the
>> world and
>> they're serving up this drivel." ?
>>
>> I mean, like, this was a minor accident between two consenting
>> adults. Beyond
>> that, who the hell *cares*.

Think Rupert Murdock. The "Liberal Media" is owned and controlled by
the "Conservative, Wealthy, Elite". All the rest are afraid of losing
their jobs for exposing serious dirt.
I was listening to bomb thrower radio the other day (Democracy Now) and
for once they made a good point: Why wasn't anyone prosecuted over the
"forged National Guard documents" that Dan Rather lost *his* job over?
That would've been a felony. Shouldn't it have been pursued by the AG,
or would the investigation prove problematic (like uncovering the truth
or something)?

> Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
> States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

That's really surprising. Much as I loath the Administration, this was
a pretty common hunting accident (remember Greg LeMond?). I don't
understand why they aren't making a major thing out of it to draw even
more attention away from real news.

Shawn

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Ride-A-Lot:
>> Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
>> States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

> But do we expect the guy to spats with his wife?
>
> How about when he stumbles a little in a hallway and bumps into another person?
>
> It's not like he tried to blow the guy's brains out and then cover it up. They
> were acquaintances and neither one of them was complaining.
>
> I'm no fan of Cheney - or of the current administration... but in the context of
> global geopolitics, a hunting accident in which nobody was killed or seriously
> injured and in which neither of the participants felt any need to tell the world
> - seems tb none of my business.

Come-on you guys, this is the best ya got?!?!?

Let me help you: It's a good thing our VP isn't a Kennedy :p
_____
Slack

Slack™ wrote:

> Come-on you guys, this is the best ya got?!?!?
>
> Let me help you: It's a good thing our VP isn't a Kennedy :p

You mean the other guy. He'd be dead as a door nail. When was the
last time a Kennedy died of old age anyway?

Shawn

Per Slack™:
>Let me help you: It's a good thing our VP isn't a Kennedy :p

Maybe today, but back then... JFK was boffing his female golf caddies and
nobody seemed to think the American Public would be deprived by not knowing all
the details.

Fast forward to Bubba and Monica. Times have changed, although I'll grant them
a little leeway post-"I never had sex with that woman", even though I personally
sympathize with the "Lying about sex isn't really lying..." view.

I think it's something about network news programs becoming a profit centers. TV
news has always had an entertainment component, but as profit centers they've
had to abandon almost all pretense of being news people.
--
PeteCresswell

"Shawn" <sdotherecurry@bresnannextdotnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
>>
>>> Per Marty:

>>> Am I the only one in the world that's watching this stuff on the evening
>>> news
>>> and thinking "Geeze, there's important stuff going on all over the
>>> world and
>>> they're serving up this drivel." ?
>>>
>>> I mean, like, this was a minor accident between two consenting adults.
>>> Beyond
>>> that, who the hell *cares*.

> Think Rupert Murdock. The "Liberal Media" is owned and controlled by the
> "Conservative, Wealthy, Elite". All the rest are afraid of losing their
> jobs for exposing serious dirt.
> I was listening to bomb thrower radio the other day (Democracy Now) and
> for once they made a good point: Why wasn't anyone prosecuted over the
> "forged National Guard documents" that Dan Rather lost *his* job over?
> That would've been a felony. Shouldn't it have been pursued by the AG,
> or would the investigation prove problematic (like uncovering the truth or
> something)?
>
>> Except for the fact that one of them is the Vice President of the United
>> States and it took 18 hours to report the incident.

> That's really surprising. Much as I loath the Administration, this was a
> pretty common hunting accident (remember Greg LeMond?). I don't
> understand why they aren't making a major thing out of it to draw even
> more attention away from real news.
>
> Shawn

I think it is real news since now it's come forth the VP was hunting
illegally. Seems that's more of why the Whitehouse didn't report the
incident. I get damn tired of these guys thinking they are above the law.

now I'm ******, look out!

Gary