OT - wedding videographer

Spademan O----L

Guest
For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and have
been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left on,
battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess from
Brookie....

Steve E.

spademan o---[) * wrote:

> For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
> on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
> worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

Fishing line across the aisle :)

> BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> from Brookie....

Ooh, get you with your posh mates.

spademan o---[) * wrote:
> For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
> on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
> worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

We have a video from our wedding,a buddy showed up in '84 with what was then a very new toy. There
area many shots of hubby's sister who said "videographer" followed around all afternoon, and lots of
tree shots from when he was drinking beer. And there's lots of footage of people sneezing and wiping
their noses as it was an outdoor wedding during allergy season.

Try and get everyone, and catch all those "momenst' that make a wedding awedding in addition to the
bride and groom... gramps dancing with toddler grand daughter and so on. Rent the movie "cousin,
cousine" (French) for a humorous look at this. The worst part is that you may not be able to enjoy
yourself as much if you have to pay attention and work. Good luck... the guy who offered to take our
photos decided to drop acid that day too and I've never forgiven him...

Penny

> BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> from Brookie....
>
> Steve E.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
> on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
> worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
>
> BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> from Brookie....
>
> Steve E.

I'm sure you will do a great job! My advice is don't narrate a lot. My MIL talks all the way thru my
wedding video Aquí está a la novia. Que bonita. Ah! Ahora aquí está al ministro. Oh! Ah cuán
agradable. Ahora ellos dicen los votos. I can't understand 75% of what she is saying. Luckily there
was another camera present! Make sure you get the boquet toss ... those can get fun! My sister in
law took out a whole line of people to get mine ... NFL should give her a call.

~CG

> spademan o---[) * wrote:
>
> > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
> > left on, battereies
running
> > out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make
it
> > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
>
> Fishing line across the aisle :)
>

> > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> > from Brookie....
>
> Ooh, get you with your posh mates.

Posh!! Have you ever seen Brookie???

> spademan o---[) * wrote:
> > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
> > left on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to
> > make it worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
> >

> Try and get everyone, and catch all those "momenst' that make a wedding awedding in addition to
> the bride and groom... gramps dancing with toddler grand daughter and so on.

Yep, I intend to gather evidence ready for embarrassment and use in future years...

Rent the movie "cousin, cousine" (French) for a
> humorous look at this.

must .....resist.........dig........at........ French + humor??

> The worst part is that you may not be able to enjoy yourself as much if you have to pay attention
> and work. Good luck...

I figure as long as I'm behind the camera I can't be in front of it.

>the guy who offered to take our photos decided to drop acid that day too
and
> I've never forgiven him...
>
> Penny

sorry Penny but lol! Ahem! OK one last shot everybody. Can we have the brides family on the left,
the grooms family on the right and the giant stick insects kneeling down at the front please...

Steve E.

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
> > left on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to
> > make it worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
> >
> > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> > from Brookie....
> >
> > Steve E.
> >

> I'm sure you will do a great job! My advice is don't narrate a lot. My MIL talks all the way thru
> my wedding video Aquí está a la novia. Que bonita. Ah! Ahora aquí está al ministro. Oh! Ah cuán
> agradable. Ahora ellos dicen los votos. I can't understand 75% of what she is saying. Luckily
> there was another camera present! Make sure you get the boquet toss ... those can get fun! My
> sister in law took out a whole line of people to get mine ... NFL should give her a call.
>
> ~CG

And my advice is DON'T just zoom in on her booby's for the whole dang vid you perv!
--
Slacker

spademan o---[) * wrote:
> For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
> on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
> worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
>
> BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
> from Brookie....
>
> Steve E.

Helmetcam, mountain bike - nuff said.

Jon Bond

spademan o---[) * wrote:

>> the guy who offered to take our photos decided to drop acid that day too and I've never
>> forgiven him...
>>
>> Penny
>
> sorry Penny but lol! Ahem! OK one last shot everybody. Can we have the brides family on the left,
> the grooms family on the right and the giant stick insects kneeling down at the front please...

yeah well it was the era...

We didn't have a "pro" anything except for the band, minister and some of the food. What's cool
about other photos we got is that up to 6 years later friends of ours were handing us envelopes...
"oh here took some photos of the wedding...". Great shots of the altercation between the ranger and
the group at the top of Mt Diablo when the party wanted to watch the sunset and the ranger wanted to
kick them off.. ( wedding was at BBQ terrace for those who know the area)

penny

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
> have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
> on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
> worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

Hire a prostitute and blackmail your friends.