OT - wedding videographer

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Spademan O----L, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and have
    been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left on,
    battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

    BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess from
    Brookie....

    Steve E.

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
    > on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

    Fishing line across the aisle :)

    > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > from Brookie....

    Ooh, get you with your posh mates.

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
    > on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

    We have a video from our wedding,a buddy showed up in '84 with what was then a very new toy. There
    area many shots of hubby's sister who said "videographer" followed around all afternoon, and lots of
    tree shots from when he was drinking beer. And there's lots of footage of people sneezing and wiping
    their noses as it was an outdoor wedding during allergy season.

    Try and get everyone, and catch all those "momenst' that make a wedding awedding in addition to the
    bride and groom... gramps dancing with toddler grand daughter and so on. Rent the movie "cousin,
    cousine" (French) for a humorous look at this. The worst part is that you may not be able to enjoy
    yourself as much if you have to pay attention and work. Good luck... the guy who offered to take our
    photos decided to drop acid that day too and I've never forgiven him...

    Penny

    > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > from Brookie....
    >
    > Steve E.

  4. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
    > on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
    >
    > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > from Brookie....
    >
    > Steve E.

    I'm sure you will do a great job! My advice is don't narrate a lot. My MIL talks all the way thru my
    wedding video Aquí está a la novia. Que bonita. Ah! Ahora aquí está al ministro. Oh! Ah cuán
    agradable. Ahora ellos dicen los votos. I can't understand 75% of what she is saying. Luckily there
    was another camera present! Make sure you get the boquet toss ... those can get fun! My sister in
    law took out a whole line of people to get mine ... NFL should give her a call.

    ~CG

  5. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
    > > left on, battereies
    running
    > > out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make
    it
    > > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
    >
    > Fishing line across the aisle :)
    >

    > > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > > from Brookie....
    >
    > Ooh, get you with your posh mates.

    Posh!! Have you ever seen Brookie???

  6. "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
    > > left on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to
    > > make it worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
    > >

    > Try and get everyone, and catch all those "momenst' that make a wedding awedding in addition to
    > the bride and groom... gramps dancing with toddler grand daughter and so on.

    Yep, I intend to gather evidence ready for embarrassment and use in future years...

    Rent the movie "cousin, cousine" (French) for a
    > humorous look at this.

    must .....resist.........dig........at........ French + humor??

    > The worst part is that you may not be able to enjoy yourself as much if you have to pay attention
    > and work. Good luck...

    I figure as long as I'm behind the camera I can't be in front of it.

    >the guy who offered to take our photos decided to drop acid that day too
    and
    > I've never forgiven him...
    >
    > Penny

    sorry Penny but lol! Ahem! OK one last shot everybody. Can we have the brides family on the left,
    the grooms family on the right and the giant stick insects kneeling down at the front please...

    Steve E.

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap
    > > left on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to
    > > make it worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
    > >
    > > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > > from Brookie....
    > >
    > > Steve E.
    > >

    > I'm sure you will do a great job! My advice is don't narrate a lot. My MIL talks all the way thru
    > my wedding video Aquí está a la novia. Que bonita. Ah! Ahora aquí está al ministro. Oh! Ah cuán
    > agradable. Ahora ellos dicen los votos. I can't understand 75% of what she is saying. Luckily
    > there was another camera present! Make sure you get the boquet toss ... those can get fun! My
    > sister in law took out a whole line of people to get mine ... NFL should give her a call.
    >
    > ~CG

    And my advice is DON'T just zoom in on her booby's for the whole dang vid you perv!
    --
    Slacker

  8. spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
    > on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.
    >
    > BTW it could actually be described as a celebrity wedding, one of the bridesmaids is an actess
    > from Brookie....
    >
    > Steve E.

    Helmetcam, mountain bike - nuff said.

    Jon Bond

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    >> the guy who offered to take our photos decided to drop acid that day too and I've never
    >> forgiven him...
    >>
    >> Penny
    >
    > sorry Penny but lol! Ahem! OK one last shot everybody. Can we have the brides family on the left,
    > the grooms family on the right and the giant stick insects kneeling down at the front please...

    yeah well it was the era...

    We didn't have a "pro" anything except for the band, minister and some of the food. What's cool
    about other photos we got is that up to 6 years later friends of ours were handing us envelopes...
    "oh here took some photos of the wedding...". Great shots of the altercation between the ranger and
    the group at the top of Mt Diablo when the party wanted to watch the sunset and the ranger wanted to
    kick them off.. ( wedding was at BBQ terrace for those who know the area)

    penny

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > For some reason I've been nominated as a 'video camera expert' (probably because I own one) and
    > have been roped into videoing my wifes sisters wedding tomorrow. I can see it now - lens cap left
    > on, battereies running out etc etc... Should be fun though. Anyone have any ideas how to make it
    > worthwhile and earn a bit of money from amusing 'accidents'?.

    Hire a prostitute and blackmail your friends.