[OT] Where is Mr. Tom Sherman?

> Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
> > But can you imagine someone who has been on a newsgroup like forever and then just leaves
> > without even saying goodbye. Strikes me as being downright rude. But maybe that is how liberals
> > behave. We conservatives think everyone deserves more than just a disappearing act. Even if we
> > leave in a huff, you are due an explanation.
>
> There have been many other regulars who left alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent without posting an "I am
> leaving notice" - why should I do anything different?

Most others who leave ARBR are not in the habit of posting half a dozen messages every day to the
group on every conceivable subject like you. But here is a sobering thought for you to contemplate.
No one here seemed to miss you except me. ARBR is a cold and heartless group and you are too if and
when you leave without so much as a goodbye. So maybe you and ARBR deserve one another.

If and when I leave I will not go off slinking into the night quietly. No, I will announce to one
and all as loudly as I can on my own subject thread that I am leaving. I will make a farewell
address worthy of a departing President. I will call it Dolan's Farewell Address to ARBR! Names will
be recalled and even various subject threads that I have participated in will be mentioned with
bitterness and malice. I will work on my farewell address for several weeks getting it to the state
of perfection. And then I will let it loose on the newsgroup and give all of you something to
remember me by. No, do not go quietly into that good night, but rather go out like a rampaging bull.

But I for one am glad that you are back as I need someone here I can bounce off of.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
berlin.de>... [...]
> No one on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent ever wrote a poem about me.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)
>
> "Easy-chair Rider" by Carl Fogel
>
> "Sure, man," said a laid-back cyclist named Sherman, "Recumbents are great, but don't expect any
> sermon." He then popped a handful of Sheldon's Product W pills, Headed out on the high-way for
> more low-slung thrills, And at-Tom-pted his position to determine.

Yuk! Nothing but gross flattery. You aren't going to get taken in by that bit of puffery are you?
No, you are best off here on ARBR where you have made many enemies over the years who know you and
appreciate you. Old enemies are the best. New friends are fickle and cannot be depended upon. The
whole world knows that. But an old enemy you will have with you forever and you will always be able
to predict his behavior toward you.

I have put back on my combat gear and am getting suited up for battle yet once again. Damn! It feels
good to be back in uniform.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota