OT: Why are they dancing in the streets?

Stratrider

Guest
Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
"enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating for?
Something to think about as we ride!

Jim Reilly Reading, PA

I find it unfathomable that there are so many naifs in this country who apparently haven't a clue
about the unspeakable evil they help perpetuate when they oppose this war.

When I worked in D.C., I was endlessly amazed at how many idiots marched daily in front of the
Iranian embassy, which was then an enlightened nation which treated its women and minorities with
dignity and gave them virtually unlimited opportunity. These protestors "demanded" the Shah had to
go, presumably because he imprisoned (and abused) a relative handful of political opponents. His
successor put tens of thousands in prison and murdered many more thousands. But the same naifs never
reappeared at the Iranian embassy to protest Khomeini's regime.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "stratrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
> "enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
> version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating
> for? Something to think about as we ride!
>
> Jim Reilly Reading, PA

"stratrider" skrev...
> Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
> "enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
> version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating
> for? Something to think about as we ride!

Looting in the streets you mean? I bet they were cheering in the hospitals too. And the press was
dancing. But that was probably just to avoid shells and bombs from american forces.

Buy hey. Going "nyah nyah" is very mature. Especially when noone here is sad to see Saddam go. Its
the method and its repercussions I have a problem with.

You forgot "french" in your little rant.

M.

Ooops. Flaming aside. If you write 'OT:' then IE eats it when replying and the thread will not be
marked OT.

I missed that in replying. My apologies to anyone inconvenienced by it.

M.

Robert Siegel wrote:

> I find it unfathomable that there are so many naifs in this country who apparently haven't a clue
> about the unspeakable evil they help perpetuate when they oppose this war.
>
> When I worked in D.C., I was endlessly amazed at how many idiots marched daily in front of the
> Iranian embassy, which was then an enlightened nation which treated its women and minorities with
> dignity and gave them virtually unlimited opportunity. These protestors "demanded" the Shah had to
> go, presumably because he imprisoned (and abused) a relative handful of political opponents. His
> successor put tens of thousands in prison and murdered many more thousands. But the same naifs
> never reappeared at the Iranian embassy to protest Khomeini's regime.

Considering that Iran is one of the oldest nations and has one of the oldest cultures, I am sure
the Iranian people appreciated having the US/CIA helping to overthrow their government [1] in 1953
and putting the brutal and authoritarian Pahlavi regime in place. The Shah (with the backing of the
US) was able to suppress all political opposition except for the Muslin clerics who opposed him.
The fundamentalist revolution in Iran is therefore "blowback" from US interference in internal
Iranian affairs.

For those in the US who do not consider this a big deal, imagine the shoe on the other foot, i.e.
how would you feel about a foreign country determining the type of government and ruler(s) of the
US, especially if the foreign imposed ruler(s) policies favored citizens and businesses in the
foreign country over those of US citizens and businesses?

[1] Done in the interest of US oil companies.

"Carefully watch your Thoughts, for they become your Words. Manage and watch your Words, for they
will become your Actions. Consider and judge your Actions, for they have become your Habits.
Acknowledge and watch your Habits, for they shall become your Values. Understand and embrace your
Values, for they become Your Destiny." - Mahatma Gandhi

So my comments are an immature "rant". The "truth" is that the Iraqis ARE NOT DANCING, they are
looting. Thank you for setting me straight.

news:<[email protected]>...
> "stratrider" skrev...
> > Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
> > "enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
> > version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating
> > for? Something to think about as we ride!
>
> Looting in the streets you mean? I bet they were cheering in the hospitals too. And the press was
> dancing. But that was probably just to avoid shells and bombs from american forces.
>
> Buy hey. Going "nyah nyah" is very mature. Especially when noone here is sad to see Saddam go. Its
> the method and its repercussions I have a problem with.
>
> You forgot "french" in your little rant.
>
> M.

There was a time when liberal meant enlightened. Today,Close both eyes, run in circles scream and
shout! Von (It's not what you ride but that you ride)

"stratrider" skrev ...
> So my comments are an immature "rant". The "truth" is that the Iraqis ARE NOT DANCING, they are
> looting. Thank you for setting me straight.

The only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth. Media- or governmenttruth is probably
the worst kind. That goes for dancing and/or looting. The "immature rant"-quip was in referral to
your namecalling and gloating.

But the trenches has been dug so deep by both sides in this argument that its indistinguishable from
religion, so lets just stick to bents and maybe cats?

M.

One reason I ride is to *not* think about it. In fact I commented to my wife last week, "Guess what
I forgot about on today's ride"? Also, the group of folks I generally ride with rarely, if ever,
bring up divisive issues such as religion, politics and I think it's because we have a relatively
diverse group and they realize why even go there when riding is the point. bill g

stratrider wrote:

> Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
> "enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
> version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating
> for? Something to think about as we ride!
>
> Jim Reilly Reading, PA

Yeah Cats

> "stratrider" skrev ...
> > So my comments are an immature "rant". The "truth" is that the Iraqis ARE NOT DANCING, they are
> > looting. Thank you for setting me straight.
>
> The only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth. Media- or governmenttruth is probably
> the worst kind. That goes for
dancing and/or looting.
> The "immature rant"-quip was in referral to your namecalling and gloating.
>
> But the trenches has been dug so deep by both sides in this argument that its indistinguishable
> from religion, so lets just stick to bents and
maybe cats?

> M.

Why are they dancing in the streets??? They no have the beginning of freedom to get recumbents and
get rid of the only 2 DF bikes I saw. Must do something to shake off aches and pains; let alone
those sore wrists.

Chris Jordan

Tom, why do you constantly ignore reality and simply repeat your left wing mantra.

Fact: The Shah was an autocratic middle eastern ruler AND ALSO an enlightened man. Under him, Iran
was an open, prosperous, westernized nation with legitimate educational institutions that in the
long run offered a bright future to all its citizens, including women and minorities. When he was
deposed, it was transformed into a social, intellectual and economic sewer run by ruthless
religious zealots.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Robert Siegel wrote:
> >
> > I find it unfathomable that there are so many naifs in this country who apparently haven't a
> > clue about the unspeakable evil they help
perpetuate
> > when they oppose this war.
> >
> > When I worked in D.C., I was endlessly amazed at how many idiots marched daily in front of the
> > Iranian embassy, which was then an enlightened
nation
> > which treated its women and minorities with dignity and gave them
virtually
> > unlimited opportunity. These protestors "demanded" the Shah had to go, presumably because he
> > imprisoned (and abused) a relative handful of political opponents. His successor put tens of
> > thousands in prison and murdered many more thousands. But the same naifs never reappeared at
the
> > Iranian embassy to protest Khomeini's regime.
>
> Considering that Iran is one of the oldest nations and has one of the oldest cultures, I am sure
> the Iranian people appreciated having the US/CIA helping to overthrow their government [1] in 1953
> and putting the brutal and authoritarian Pahlavi regime in place. The Shah (with the backing of
> the US) was able to suppress all political opposition except for the Muslin clerics who opposed
> him. The fundamentalist revolution in Iran is therefore "blowback" from US interference in
> internal Iranian affairs.
>
> For those in the US who do not consider this a big deal, imagine the shoe on the other foot, i.e.
> how would you feel about a foreign country determining the type of government and ruler(s) of the
> US, especially if the foreign imposed ruler(s) policies favored citizens and businesses in the
> foreign country over those of US citizens and businesses?
>
> [1] Done in the interest of US oil companies.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
>
> "Carefully watch your Thoughts, for they become your Words. Manage and watch your Words, for they
> will become your Actions. Consider and judge your Actions, for they have become your Habits.
> Acknowledge and watch your Habits, for they shall become your Values. Understand and embrace your
> Values, for they become Your Destiny." - Mahatma Gandhi

They are happy that the American occupation aimed at stealing their oil has begun. I think that's
it, isn't it Mike?

"stratrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clearly those Iraqis dancing in the streets of Baghdad have failed to read the comments of the
> "enlightened, intellectual, elite, secularists" that have frequented many OT threads (with their
> version of TRUTH) on this news group. How could these Iraqis do this! What are they celebrating
> for? Something to think about as we ride!
>
> Jim Reilly Reading, PA

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C2FF46.EC2FE2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]...
> Yeah Cats

Which Cats do you like? This Cat has a 380 ton payload and a 3370 HP = engine:

http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.GetModelSummary?cla=
ssid=3D406&langid=3Den&rgnid=3DNACD&view=3Dhtml&prdname=3D797B&prdid=3D79=
7B&familyid=3D470&subfamilyid=3D715&dsfFlag=3D0&subfamilyheader=3DOff+Hig= hway+Trucks

Barry ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C2FF46.EC2FE2B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Joshua Goldberg" <</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial = size=3D2>> wrote in=20
message </FONT><A = href=3D"news:[email protected]"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20 size=3D2>news:[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT=
=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>> Yeah Cats<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Which Cats do you like? This Cat = has a 380=20 ton payload
and a 3370 HP engine:</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><A=20 href=3D"http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.GetModelSum=
mary?classid=3D406&langid=3Den&rgnid=3DNACD&view=3Dhtml&p=
rdname=3D797B&prdid=3D797B&familyid=3D470&subfamilyid=3D715&a=
mp;dsfFlag=3D0&subfamilyheader=3DOff+Highway+Trucks"><FONT=20 face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.GetModelSu=
mmary?classid=3D406&langid=3Den&rgnid=3DNACD&view=3Dhtml&=
prdname=3D797B&prdid=3D797B&familyid=3D470&subfamilyid=3D715&=
amp;dsfFlag=3D0&subfamilyheader=3DOff+Highway+Trucks</FONT></A></DIV>=

<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Barry</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C2FF46.EC2FE2B0--

news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Looting in the streets you mean?

So you look at those pictures and you can only see the looting. So far the looting seems to be
primarily limited to government facilities, the German embassy, and the UN facilities. Seeing them
driving around in the UN inspectors cars puts a wry smile on my face at the irony of it all.

> Buy hey. Going "nyah nyah" is very mature.

Are you saying it's appropriate for us very mature types to go "nyah nyah"? If so then "nyah
nyah" to you.

> You forgot "french" in your little rant.

Oh yeah, the forgotten "french". They don't even seem to be relevent enough to have their embassy
looted or to get a small rant on arbr.

skip

> "Carefully watch your Thoughts, for they become your Words. Manage and watch your Words, for they
> will become your Actions. Consider and judge your Actions, for they have become your Habits.
> Acknowledge and watch your Habits, for they shall become your Values. Understand and embrace your
> Values, for they become Your Destiny." - Mahatma Gandhi

Bah! The long-winded plagiaristic rambling of some free-thinking bald-headed non-conformist
vegetarian. I prefer the original.

"A man's character is his fate." - Heraclitus.

"Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom, why do you constantly ignore reality and simply repeat your left
wing mantra.

> Fact: The Shah was an autocratic middle eastern ruler AND ALSO an
enlightened man.

Yabbut yabbut yabbut -- he was a PRO-AMERICAN enlightened man. America BAD. Therefore Pro-American
BAAAAAAAD (scuse me, the bleat reflex got the better of me).

> When he was deposed, it was transformed into a social, intellectual and
economic sewer run by ruthless religious zealots.

Yabbut yabbut yabbut -- they were ANTI-AMERICAN ruthless religious zealots. American BAAAAAAAD
(Damn. Did it again). Therefore Anti-American GOOD.

See how it works?

Thinking BAD. Mantra GOOD.

translation for Tom, the engineer:

Native bad > foreign good

"Zippy the Pinhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Tom, why do you constantly ignore reality and simply repeat your left
> wing mantra.
> >
> > Fact: The Shah was an autocratic middle eastern ruler AND ALSO an
> enlightened man.
>
> Yabbut yabbut yabbut -- he was a PRO-AMERICAN enlightened man. America
BAD.
> Therefore Pro-American BAAAAAAAD (scuse me, the bleat reflex got the
better
> of me).
>
> > When he was deposed, it was transformed into a social, intellectual and
> economic sewer run by ruthless religious zealots.
>
> Yabbut yabbut yabbut -- they were ANTI-AMERICAN ruthless religious
zealots.
> American BAAAAAAAD (Damn. Did it again). Therefore Anti-American GOOD.
>
> See how it works?
>
> Thinking BAD. Mantra GOOD.

Don't most of the people who say "it's the oil" turn around and use it in their cars?