(OT) Wooh! New PC

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flyingcoyote, Mar 14, 2003.

  1. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Next week I'll be posting to AMB from a new PC.

    P4 2.4GHz 533 Bus CPU Asus P4PE 533 Bus Mobo ATI 9700PRO 128MB Video SoundBlaster Audigy SoundCard
    Toshiba 16x DVD ROM Acer 48x12x50 CDRW 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM (I may double this.) 80GB 7200 ATA100
    HDD Generic case, floppy, fans, etc. Win2k Pro

    $1200

    I could have cut some corners here and there and got it maybe another $200 less but, the spares I
    have will be going into Erin's PC. (Sound Card, DVD, CDRW, etc) so I just added them in.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Next week I'll be posting to AMB from a new PC.
    >
    > P4 2.4GHz 533 Bus CPU Asus P4PE 533 Bus Mobo ATI 9700PRO 128MB Video SoundBlaster Audigy SoundCard
    > Toshiba 16x DVD ROM Acer 48x12x50 CDRW 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM (I may double this.) 80GB 7200 ATA100
    > HDD Generic case, floppy, fans, etc. Win2k Pro
    >
    > $1200
    >
    > I could have cut some corners here and there and got it maybe another $200 less but, the spares I
    > have will be going into Erin's PC. (Sound Card, DVD, CDRW, etc) so I just added them in.
    >
    > --
    >
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > --

    Did you build yourself or store bought?

    I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card tonight/this weekend.

    --
    Slacker

  3. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    > Did you build yourself or store bought?

    A little of both. They offered to put most of it together free of charge so what the hey. (I was
    going to build it myself until they waved the install fee.)

    > I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card tonight/this weekend.
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    What kind of video card are you going to get? The ATI 9700PRO I ordered is OEM so it was about
    $75 cheaper.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Slacker wrote:
    > >

    > > Did you build yourself or store bought?
    >

    > A little of both. They offered to put most of it together free of charge so what the hey. (I was
    > going to build it myself until they waved the install fee.)
    >

    > > I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card tonight/this weekend.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > What kind of video card are you going to get? The ATI 9700PRO I ordered is OEM so it was about $75
    > cheaper.
    >

    > --
    >
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > --

    Not sure...I'm waffling between what you got, 8500 or the 8500DV. I need/want the tuner since I
    don't own a TV.

    I think I've ruled out the 8500DV though; wanna get 128mb, but the $ goes up exponentially.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Next week I'll be posting to AMB from a new PC.
    > >
    > > P4 2.4GHz 533 Bus CPU Asus P4PE 533 Bus Mobo ATI 9700PRO 128MB Video SoundBlaster Audigy
    > > SoundCard Toshiba 16x DVD ROM Acer 48x12x50 CDRW 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM (I may double this.) 80GB
    > > 7200 ATA100 HDD Generic case, floppy, fans, etc. Win2k Pro
    > >
    > > $1200
    > >
    > > I could have cut some corners here and there and got it maybe another $200 less but, the spares
    > > I have will be going into Erin's PC. (Sound Card, DVD, CDRW, etc) so I just added them in.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > > --
    >

    > Did you build yourself or store bought?
    >
    > I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card
    tonight/this weekend.

    Lian-Li for cases. You might spend a lot of cash, but I love my silver alum cases )

    darsh

    > --
    > Slacker

  6. Wooh! Still using the P200 MMX to surf the 'net. <G>

    Good luck with the new box!

    Barry

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > Did you build yourself or store bought?
    > >
    > > I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card
    > tonight/this weekend.
    >

    > Lian-Li for cases. You might spend a lot of cash, but I love my silver alum cases )
    >
    > darsh

    Those are very cool! This beige plastic crap is out.
    --
    Slacker

  8. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > > > Did you build yourself or store bought?
    > > >
    > > > I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card
    > > tonight/this weekend.
    > >

    > > Lian-Li for cases. You might spend a lot of cash, but I love my silver
    alum
    > > cases )
    > >
    > > darsh
    >

    > Those are very cool! This beige plastic crap is out.
    > --
    > Slacker

    I have a nice, ugly plastic beige case. It does the trick but I do like the brushed aluminum ones
    better. I just have a hard time spending the cash on a fancy looking case when I could be spending
    it on more RAM, faster CPU, or something like that. Where do you guys get your stuff? I've been
    using www.newegg.com for a while and they seem like they really have it together. They do no
    assembly but the prices are good (IMO).

    Matt

  9. Simon

    Simon Guest

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  11. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Darsh wrote:

    >>>P4 2.4GHz 533 Bus CPU Asus P4PE 533 Bus Mobo ATI 9700PRO 128MB Video SoundBlaster Audigy
    >>>SoundCard Toshiba 16x DVD ROM Acer 48x12x50 CDRW 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM (I may double this.)

    Why?

    >>I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card
    >
    > tonight/this weekend.
    >
    > Lian-Li for cases. You might spend a lot of cash, but I love my silver alum cases )

    http://www.frozencpu.com

  12. Simon

    Simon Guest

    h "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | Why?
    |
    | >>I was just looking at some cases and I need to get a new video card
    | >
    | > tonight/this weekend.
    | >
    | > Lian-Li for cases. You might spend a lot of cash, but I love my silver
    alum
    | > cases )
    |
    | http://www.frozencpu.com

    Beat you to it................

    Simon

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Simon wrote:

    > | http://www.frozencpu.com
    >
    > Beat you to it................

    Yeah, I realised as I got further down. I really should have read the entire thread but guessed that
    nobody would have heard of it.

  14. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | Simon wrote:
    |
    | > | http://www.frozencpu.com
    | >
    | > Beat you to it................
    |
    | Yeah, I realised as I got further down. I really should have read the entire thread but guessed
    | that nobody would have heard of it.

    Just -=[GeeKs]=- like us eh!

    Simon........proud to be a geek