OT: Words from a great man

Kurgan Gringioni

Guest
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are
not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the
sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its
children . . .This is not a way of life at all in any true sense.
Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."

- Dwight David Eisenhower, Supreme Commander, Allied Forces, WWII

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who
has seen its brutality, its stupidity."

- Dwight David Eisenhower, 1946

"A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."

- Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition
of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-
industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
power exists and will persist."

- Dwight David Eisenhower, President of the United States, 1959

On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>
> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
Bill C

On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>
> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
Bill C

On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>
> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
Bill C

On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>
> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>>
>> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>>

> I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> Bill C

Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
"peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
lure.

Phil H

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>>
>> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>>

> I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> Bill C

Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
"peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
lure.

Phil H

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>>
>> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>>

> I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> Bill C

Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
"peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
lure.

Phil H

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>>
>> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>>

> I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> Bill C

Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
"peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
lure.

Phil H

"Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>>> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>>> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>>>
>>> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>>>

>> I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
>> war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
>> Bill C
>>

> Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
> "peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful lure.

Might coulda used Bush back then.
With the advantage that likely no one in Germany would be able to decipher
his code.
Like the Navajo windtalkers.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

On Nov 6, 6:22 pm, "Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Nov 6, 1:28 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> >> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> >> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."

> >> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

> > I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> > war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> > Bill C

> Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
> "peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
> lure.
>
> Phil H

And Chamberlain is again an icon, and guiding political light. Same
mistakes, and attitude, different century. At least Chamberlain had
good reasons for his desperation to avoid confronting evil. I think
most of us can agree that the Nazis were evil.
Bill C

> [...]

> >> "A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
> >> there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
> >> seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."

> >> - Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953

> > I'd bet a boatload of money that most of Europe wishes they'd gone to
> > war with Germany somewhere between 1933 and '35.
> > Bill C

> Wishful thinking reinforced by hindsight. It would never have happened;
> "peace for out time" (Neville Chamberlain) was a much more powerful
> lure.
>
> Phil H

And Chamberlain is again an icon, and guiding political light. Same
mistakes, and attitude, different century. At least Chamberlain had
good reasons for his desperation to avoid confronting evil. I think
most of us can agree that the Nazis were evil.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:28:59 -0800, Kurgan Gringioni
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
>signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are
>not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
>This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the
>sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its
>children . . .This is not a way of life at all in any true sense.
>Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."
>
>- Dwight David Eisenhower, Supreme Commander, Allied Forces, WWII
>

>"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who
>has seen its brutality, its stupidity."
>
>- Dwight David Eisenhower, 1946
>

>"A preventative war, to my mind, is an impossibility. I don't believe
>there is such a thing, and frankly I wouldn't even listen to anyone
>seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
>
>- Dwight David Eisenhower, 1953
>

>"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition
>of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-
>industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
>power exists and will persist."
>
>- Dwight David Eisenhower, President of the United States, 1959

Dumbass: why are you giving aid and comfort to the enemy?