OT: Worst OLN coverage of a Tri ever?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jet, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Jet

    Jet Guest

    I was looking forward to the Australian IronMan reportage on OLN today, but
    damn, they decided to do one of those st00pid 'art pieces' of it. Hardly
    any coverage of the actual racing. Just lots of talking heads, camera
    tricks, pictures of the pace car, and dumbasses who can't even complete the
    first lap of the swim looking bewildered. Plenty of coverage on the quirky
    people -talking- about the race, shots of the camera going backwards away
    from an isolated cyclist, full of jump cuts and other crapola.

    I just wanted to jump through the TV and strangle the producer/director or
    whoever put together this horrid POS with the goofy music.

    It's even worse than the broadcast channels who are notorious for that
    stuff. At least the Sprint Tri series actually covers the racing.

    I mean who do they think their audience is...are they trying to appeal to
    Indie Filmmakers with their editing butchery. Only other Triathletes,
    wanna-bes, bikers and runners are going to watch this.

    Maybe it will get better in the second half hour.

    jj

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Jet wrote:
    > I was looking forward to the Australian IronMan reportage on OLN

    today, but
    > damn, they decided to do one of those st00pid 'art pieces' of it.

    Hardly
    > any coverage of the actual racing. Just lots of talking heads, camera
    > tricks, pictures of the pace car, and dumbasses who can't even

    complete the
    > first lap of the swim looking bewildered. Plenty of coverage on the

    quirky
    > people -talking- about the race, shots of the camera going backwards

    away
    > from an isolated cyclist, full of jump cuts and other crapola.
    >
    > I just wanted to jump through the TV and strangle the

    producer/director or
    > whoever put together this horrid POS with the goofy music.
    >
    > It's even worse than the broadcast channels who are notorious for

    that
    > stuff. At least the Sprint Tri series actually covers the racing.
    >
    > I mean who do they think their audience is...are they trying to

    appeal to
    > Indie Filmmakers with their editing butchery. Only other Triathletes,
    > wanna-bes, bikers and runners are going to watch this.
    >
    > Maybe it will get better in the second half hour.
    >
    > jj

    And this has to do with bicycle racing, how???

  3. Jet

    Jet Guest

    On 12 Jan 2005 12:37:29 -0800, "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Maybe it will get better in the second half hour.
    >>
    >> jj

    >And this has to do with bicycle racing, how???

    Sorry, meant to post in .misc

    jj

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Jet wrote:
    >> I was looking forward to the Australian IronMan reportage on OLN

    > today, but
    >> damn, they decided to do one of those st00pid 'art pieces' of it.

    > Hardly
    >> any coverage of the actual racing. Just lots of talking heads, camera
    >> tricks, pictures of the pace car, and dumbasses who can't even

    > complete the
    >> first lap of the swim looking bewildered. Plenty of coverage on the

    > quirky
    >> people -talking- about the race, shots of the camera going backwards

    > away
    >> from an isolated cyclist, full of jump cuts and other crapola.
    >>
    >> I just wanted to jump through the TV and strangle the

    > producer/director or
    >> whoever put together this horrid POS with the goofy music.
    >>
    >> It's even worse than the broadcast channels who are notorious for

    > that
    >> stuff. At least the Sprint Tri series actually covers the racing.
    >>
    >> I mean who do they think their audience is...are they trying to

    > appeal to
    >> Indie Filmmakers with their editing butchery. Only other Triathletes,
    >> wanna-bes, bikers and runners are going to watch this.
    >>
    >> Maybe it will get better in the second half hour.
    >>
    >> jj

    > And this has to do with bicycle racing, how???

    Leg #2 is by bicycle and can be considered as an interesting time trial.
    There are some in this group who do cycling legs of team triathlons.
    However, it may be more appropriate to complain on a tri newsgroup.