OT: You know that you're in Canada when...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Steve Calvin, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Tags:

  2. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    You go to jail for owning an Air-Rifle...

    The People's Republic of Canada has a plan in the works to ban BB guns...

    ~john

    --
    Say hello to the rug's topography...It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it...

  3. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:38:22 GMT, Steve Calvin <[email protected]>
    arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

    >http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg

    That is hilarious. Thank you. I needed a smile!

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
    bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

  4. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

  5. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    "Steve Calvin" wrote:
    > http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg

    Uh uh, nope. This is Utah these days, as well. Heavy snow in the Wasatch foothills is pushing
    animals down into Salt Lake City limits and the suburbs, and more and more city dwellers and their
    pets are finding moose in their yards.

    <they're finding mountain lions and coyotes in their yards too, bad news for the pets

  6. Levelwave© <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > You go to jail for owning an Air-Rifle...
    >
    > The People's Republic of Canada has a plan in the works to ban BB guns...

    Damn straight.

    --

    "I'm the master of low expectations."

    GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

  7. "Terry Pulliam Burd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:38:22 GMT, Steve Calvin <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
    > they looked like this:
    >
    > >http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg
    >
    > That is hilarious. Thank you. I needed a smile!
    >
    > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    Yes! Thanks from me too. I loved it!

    Charlie

    > "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
    > bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner."
    > Anonymous.
    >
    > To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

  8. The Wolf

    The Wolf Guest

    On 02/10/2004 1:05 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Dan Abel" <[email protected]>
    opined:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg
    >

    > The speed limit signs go from mph to kph.

    You go to a socialized hospital with a broken finger and die of gangrene!
    "New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin." -- Mark Twain, 1884

  9. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

  10. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:02:04 -0700, "Pennyaline"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Steve Calvin" wrote:
    > > http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg
    >
    > Uh uh, nope. This is Utah these days, as well.

    This was sent to me by a long gone regular...

    The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

    50 Fahrenheit (10 C) ---Californians shiver uncontrollably. ---Canadians plant gardens.

    35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C) ---Italian Cars won't start ---Canadians drive with the windows down

    32 Fahrenheit (0 C) ---American water freezes ---Canadian water gets thicker.

    Fahrenheit (-17.9 C) New York City landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last
    cookout of the season.

    -60 Fahrenheit (-51 C) ---Mt. St. Helens freezes. ---Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-
    door.

    -100 Fahrenheit (-73 C) ---Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. ---Canadians pull down
    their earflaps.

    -173 Fahrenheit (-114 C) ---Ethyl alcohol freezes. ---Canadians get frustrated when they can't
    thaw the keg.

    -460 Fahrenheit (-273 C) ---Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops. ---Canadians start saying
    "cold, eh?"

    -500 Fahrenheit (-295 C) ---Hell freezes over. ---The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

    Bert Christensen, Toronto, Ontario

  11. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    wrote:

    > The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

    [hilarious stuff snipped]

    Many many years ago my sister married an Air Force guy and they lived not far from London, near the
    Channel. She was there three years, and got real tired of the cold and dampness. However, one day
    they had this incredible heat wave. It got up to 65F and everybody put on their swim suits and went
    to the beach to enjoy the warmth.

    Some years later, but still many years ago, I was working with a guy who had been drafted into the
    Army (at the height of the Vietnam thing) and sent to Hawaii to be a typist (he typed 50wpm - with
    two fingers!). One day they had an incredible cold spell, and everybody got out their fur coats to
    try to keep warm. You guessed it, it got down to 65F!

    --
    Dan Abel Sonoma State University AIS [email protected]

  12. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:02:04 -0700, "Pennyaline"
    : <[email protected]> wrote:
    :
    : > "Steve Calvin" wrote:
    : > >
    http://pic7.picturetrail.com:80/VOL213/680057/2947894/45409294.jpg
    : >
[...]
    =======

    What a riot!!

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  13. The Wolf <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Dan Abel" opined:
    >> [email protected] wrote:

    >> The speed limit signs go from mph to kph.
    >
    >You go to a socialized hospital with a broken finger and die of gangrene!

    No dear, you come out with your wallet intact.

    Shirley