OT - Zebediah

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Stephen Baker, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. Zebediah was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers, called pullets,
    and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs.

    Zeb kept records, and any rooster that didn't perform well went into the soup pot and was replaced.
    That took an awful lot of Zeb's time; so, Zeb got a set of tiny bells and attached them to his
    roosters. Each bell had a different tone so that Zeb could tell, from a distance, which rooster was
    performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to
    the bells.

    Zeb's favourite rooster was old Brewster. A very fine specimen he was, too. But on this particular
    morning, Zeb noticed that Brewster's bell had not rung at all!! Zeb went to investigate.

    The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells a-ringing! The pullets, hearing the roosters coming,
    would run for cover. BUT, to Zeb's amazement, Brewster had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't
    ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

    Zeb was so proud of Brewster that he entered him in the county fair.

    Brewster was an overnight sensation.

    (scroll down)

    More

    Bit further

    Nearly there

    The judges not only awarded him the No Bell Piece Prize but also the Pullet Surprise.

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Zebediah was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers, called pullets,
    > and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to
    fertilize
    > the eggs.

    {snippage}

    > The judges not only awarded him the No Bell Piece Prize but also the
    Pullet
    > Surprise.

    Well, I don't feel so bad about posting that "psychic math thing" now.

    Bill "think this was sent by telegraph a jillion years ago" S.

  4. Shaun says:

    Yup - but you read it........

    ;-)

    Steve

  5. >Bill "think this was sent by telegraph a jillion years ago" S.

    Prolly - only just made it through to my notice, however.

    Steve "OK, OK, I'll stop already.."

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >Aye, but I've read a Stephen King book........
    >
    > Thus neatly proving my intellect superior to yours ;-)) (even if my jokes aren't.......)

    "Ya canny change the laws of physics Jim!", so I won't bother saying 'don't be so stupid Stevie'.

    Shaun aRe - didn't say I liked the bloody book......

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Shaun aRe - didn't say I liked the bloody book......
    >
    > Still read it, though - dincha?
    >
    > ;-)

    "I didn't like that book, that's why I haven't read it".

    WTF is wrong with the above statement SB? Big fat juicy points for the correct answer, Silly Boy.

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >"I didn't like that book, that's why I haven't read it".
    > >
    > >WTF is wrong with the above statement SB? Big fat juicy points for the correct answer, Silly Boy.
    >
    > Not a lot, Silly Runt, except that it was Monday yesterday and the brain doesn't really wake up
    > till Tuesday lunch...... ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Heheheheheh! Gotcha SB ',;~}

    Hey, I'd just had a weekend in *London, with an 8 hour drive in, and a 7 hour drive out, and long
    days/late nights in between, I only got to bed at about 2 a.m. (in the morning), and then was at
    work for 8:15 - you think you're excused?!?!?

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe -

    *High Wycombe, the Winterdrum 2003 event was on Saturday - 2 drumming/dance/vocal/general percussion
    tutorial workshops (choose 2 out of many options). I chose Djembe beginners (Heh! That guy from
    Sierre Leone was a freak, and 'beginner's was AFU!), and Bodhran intermediate (I'd never picked one
    up before, but my GF and her bro were there, so I went to watch - Steafan Hannigan made me play,
    though, and it was fun ',;~} ). We followed this with a facilitated drum jam, where almost anything
    goes, rhythm wise

    starting us off, showing us some traditional African rhythms etc, and letting us get on with it -
    he'd walk round with a cow bell to keep people in time and inspire every now and again. I didn't
    know I could do some of the stuff I did! Brilliant, but I had very sore hands by the finish, and
    they're still a little bruised now (bad technique, much enthusiasm! - ouch!). Never seen so many
    women in brightly colour baggies and tie-dye stuff in one place before! Heheheh.....anyhow, just
    thought I'd tell you ',;~}

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  11. Shaun Rimmer wrote in message ...

    >Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> >Shaun aRe - didn't say I liked the bloody book......
    >>
    >> Still read it, though - dincha?
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >
    >"I didn't like that book, that's why I haven't read it".
    >
    >WTF is wrong with the above statement SB? Big fat juicy points for the correct answer, Silly Boy.

    You can't judge a book by its cover????

    OTOH a lot of Stephen King books have been made into films, so you might have seen the film, not
    liked it and therefore decided not to read the book!

    Steve E.

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[)* <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote in message ...
    > >
    > >Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >> Still read it, though - dincha?
    > >>
    > >> ;-)
    > >
    > >"I didn't like that book, that's why I haven't read it".
    > >
    > >WTF is wrong with the above statement SB? Big fat juicy points for the correct answer, Silly Boy.
    > >

    > You can't judge a book by its cover????

    No, but you can often judge it by a plain brown wrapper......

    > OTOH a lot of Stephen King books have been made into films, so you might have seen the film, not
    > liked it and therefore decided not to read the
    book!

    Which would be doubly stupid - I've seen good films from bad books, and vicey-versey.

    Shaun aRe

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Never seen so many women in brightly colour baggies and tie-dye stuff in one place before!
    > > Heheheh.....anyhow, just thought I'd tell you ',;~}
    >
    > What's red and yellow and looks good on a hippy?
    >
    > Fire.

    Heh...

    There were some strange folk there, very.....lots of African guys with menacingly wild eyes, freaky
    vegetarian new age hippy stereotype-types, and wandering amongst them, a bunch of bearded, Aran
    sweater and brown corduroy wearing folk music types, and me, the _only_ person there with short
    spiked hair (just had it cut again), and pointy little chin beard - not many of the hippy types
    would come near me for some reason. Oh, might have had something to do with me screaming for meat at
    the vegetarian caterer.......

    Shaun aRe - I did have a 'Peace Not War' T-shirt on though.......mebbe they thought I was wearing it
    ironically......

  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>>Never seen so many women in brightly colour baggies and tie-dye stuff in one place before!
    >>>Heheheh.....anyhow, just thought I'd tell you ',;~}
    >>
    >>What's red and yellow and looks good on a hippy?
    >>
    >>Fire.
    >

    > Heh...
    >
    > There were some strange folk there, very.....lots of African guys with menacingly wild eyes,
    > freaky vegetarian new age hippy stereotype-types, and wandering amongst them, a bunch of bearded,
    > Aran sweater and brown corduroy wearing folk music types, and me, the _only_ person there with
    > short spiked hair (just had it cut again), and pointy little chin beard - not many of the hippy
    > types would come near me for some reason. Oh, might have had something to do with me screaming for
    > meat at the vegetarian caterer.......
    >
    > Shaun aRe - I did have a 'Peace Not War' T-shirt on though.......mebbe they thought I was wearing
    > it ironically......

    Should have worn this instead: http://void.printf.net/~tef/photos/tshirt/tef_tourette.jpg

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    you

    > >>What's red and yellow and looks good on a hippy?
    > >>
    > >>Fire.
    > >

    > > Heh...
    > >
    > > There were some strange folk there, very.....lots of African guys with menacingly wild eyes,
    > > freaky vegetarian new age hippy stereotype-types,
    and
    > > wandering amongst them, a bunch of bearded, Aran sweater and brown
    corduroy
    > > wearing folk music types, and me, the _only_ person there with short
    spiked
    > > hair (just had it cut again), and pointy little chin beard - not many of
    the
    > > hippy types would come near me for some reason. Oh, might have had
    something
    > > to do with me screaming for meat at the vegetarian caterer.......
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - I did have a 'Peace Not War' T-shirt on though.......mebbe
    they
    > > thought I was wearing it ironically......
    >
    > Should have worn this instead: http://void.printf.net/~tef/photos/tshirt/tef_tourette.jpg

    Ooooo, I _WANT_ one!!!!! ',;~}

    Shaun aRe