Other forum follies

FROM DP:
ChrisH said:
You see that you were right. At the root of the complaints is a desire by some to ignore the doping discussion rules. And we are aware that most of those complaints are group organized.
I just had to post this one. It is priceless ****weasel paranoia. Seriously, I couldn't make **** like this up if I tried. I posted a response that will likely never see the light of day. Though I will say that my other response today did get posted.

thoughtforfood said:
FROM DP: I just had to post this one. It is priceless ****weasel paranoia. Seriously, I couldn't make **** like this up if I tried. I posted a response that will likely never see the light of day. Though I will say that my other response today did get posted.
LOL...does he think we have meetings or something? :p Don't forget the secret knock!!

ChrisH said:
And we are aware that most of those complaints are group organized.

What I like is the ever so subtle use of the word "we". He's complaining about some secret group, by revealing that he is part of a collective himself.

You can't buy that.

Runitout said:
What I like is the ever so subtle use of the word "we". He's complaining about some secret group, by revealing that he is part of a collective himself.

You can't buy that.
Oh, you'll like this one, Runitout.

I have been suspended from DPF. Not sure why. I did (privately) complain to the mods about ChrisH's behaviour (and his intellectual cowardice), but none of them has responded. Well, not quite true: ChrisH wrote me a PM, but I am not allowed to read it because, you guessed it, my account has been suspended. I was able to log in, but because my account is suspended, I can't log out. Can't see or do anything on the site, even as a guest. Persona non grata. Verboten. Others here will know the deal. You fellers are all having fun over there and I can't read it. I will delete my cookies and see if I can at least read the threads in question.

These people with their petty kingdoms are the same in every country, in every occupation. They get a kick out exercising power; they need to do it, no matter how pathetic a display it becomes. What he doesn't understand is that using his moderator's powers to squash me simply reveals his inability to do it fair and square. He cannot muster the language--or that which ought to precede it--the thought--to get what he wants. Like a bloodied boxer pulling out a knife in a boxing match: it doesn't make him look tough; it just makes him look like a sh!t boxer.

Drongo said:

I have been suspended from DPF. Not sure why. I did (privately) complain to the mods about ChrisH's behaviour (and his intellectual cowardice), but none of them has responded. Well, not quite true: ChrisH wrote me a PM, but I am not allowed to read it because, you guessed it, my account has been suspended. I was able to log in, but because my account is suspended, I can't log out. Can't see or do anything on the site, even as a guest. Persona non grata. Verboten. Others here will know the deal. You fellers are all having fun over there and I can't read it. I will delete my cookies and see if I can at least read the threads in question.

These people with their petty kingdoms are the same in every country, in every occupation. They get a kick out exercising power; they need to do it, no matter how pathetic a display it becomes. What he doesn't understand is that using his moderator's powers to squash me simply reveals his inability to do it fair and square. He cannot muster the language--or that which ought to precede it--the thought--to get what he wants. Like a bloodied boxer pulling out a knife in a boxing match: it doesn't make him look tough; it just makes him look like a sh!t boxer.

That is so weak, it is amusing.

Your only crime is your intellect. He can't win a debate with you, so he suspends your account - priceless!

I started a poll about bringing you back:

http://www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/index.php?showtopic=7721&pid=126081&st=0&#entry126081

Good for a laugh!

Drongo said:
That did make me laugh.
Thanks!

Your use of the term "petty kingdoms" immediately brought to mind a Levellers song from 1995 - Searchlights - it's one of the many gems on the Help CD I was lucky enough to get back then:

I see fences where there was no fence before,
The flesh tearing wire hasnt even rusted round the door,
Oh aye, the beauty that I could bring to you,
Outside in the distance I hear something coming through,
Oh I say, outside in the distance there is something coming through.

Here beyond the wire they turn the water black,
The men around are paid a weekly wage just to turn you back.
Oh how they keep their petty kingdoms well in view,

Outside in the distance where those searchlights don't go,
There's an immigrant who's crouching with the bundle of his clothes,
The bushes start a-rustling, so he takes to his toes,
Just singing "This is the last of my shows".

A crossroads is no crossroads when there's just one route to take,
Your fantasy of liberty is a red sign on the gate,
I think these things as I walk along a tree lined avenue,

Outside in the distance where those searchlights don't go,
There's an immigrant who's crouching with the bundle of his clothes,
The bushes start a-rustling, so he takes to his toes,
Just singing "This is the last of my shows".

Cracking tune, that.

ChrisH said:
You see that you were right. At the root of the complaints is a desire by some to ignore the doping discussion rules. And we are aware that most of those complaints are group organized.
Wow. Now he is seeing conspiracies. Next stop: Voices in his head telling him to put on a bowler hat, spread marmalade on himself, and flash the local elementry school. Perhaps we should all chip in and buy him a refill for his meds. He has clearly run out. And we wondered how guys like him could blame everything on plots by the French. Now, we know. He is a paranoid loon.

Bro Deal said:
Wow. Now he is seeing conspiracies. Next stop: Voices in his head telling him to put on a bowler hat, spread marmalade on himself, and flash the local elementry school. Perhaps we should all chip in and buy him a refill for his meds. He has clearly run out. And we wondered how guys like him could blame everything on plots by the French. Now, we know. He is a paranoid loon.
He is a Scientologist, he does not take meds.....perhaps that is the issue?

thoughtforfood said:
FROM DP: I just had to post this one. It is priceless ****weasel paranoia. Seriously, I couldn't make **** like this up if I tried. I posted a response that will likely never see the light of day. Though I will say that my other response today did get posted.
You're still on post preview? Isn't it like months later? Geez, why bother trying to post there if you have to beg to do so . . . :rolleyes:

Drongo said:

You've GOT to be kidding me? Seriously? How in the world do you suspend Drongo???? You're the most rational, fair person around . . . .

Me thinks they read this thread and that got you on the blacklist Drongo . . .

C'dale Girl said:
You're still on post preview? Isn't it like months later? Geez, why bother trying to post there if you have to beg to do so . . . :rolleyes:
Hey we often beg you not to post but you continue to do so.
tongue.gif

C'dale Girl said:
You've GOT to be kidding me? Seriously? How in the world do you suspend Drongo???? You're the most rational, fair person around . . . .

Me thinks they read this thread and that got you on the blacklist Drongo . . .
oh yeah, paranoid as he is, ChrisH must be reading this board, which would explain his thinking (for lack of a better word) that it's an organized group somehow trying to take his idol down - because it all comes back to Armstrong being a god to him.

C'dale Girl said:
Any wagers on how long Bro Deal's post lasts in the Bring Drongo Back thread?
check out his post in the feedback section.

and of course, that is followed by the 'if you don't like it, don't come here' by a poster. I guess that poster forgot that DPF lives off advertising revenues and needs every click/user it can get. But I guess not everyone gets that, no even the owner. So instead of getting his moderators in shape to stop them for banning for no reason and running people off, the owner resorts to begging for money to keep the board running....

C'dale Girl said:
Nah, they gave me back full posting and just took it away again last week....because I said RTT was a liar and a hypocrite. He said it is name calling; I said some people mistake honesty with name calling.

earth_dweller said:
oh yeah, paranoid as he is, ChrisH must be reading this board, which would explain his thinking (for lack of a better word) that it's an organized group somehow trying to take his idol down - because it all comes back to Armstrong being a god to him.
I did tell him that I was posting his PM's over here. I also told him yesterday that I am the ring leader for organizing his demise.

earth_dweller said:
Does anyone think No Positives is ChrisH?