Other Hobbies Besides Cycling?

BDoosey

Jul 26, 2009
Just wondering what you all do aside from cycling. Since I am a full-time student in high school, I partake in activities there: I was entering my first season as a cross country runner, but am unfortunately out for most of it due to getting a stress fracture injury of my distal fibula: A part of the ankle. I am also a member of my high school's honors choir West Singers, and Madrigal Choir, Chamber Singers. Music is a big program at my high school since we have been nationally recognized and our men's choir, Men of Note, were three time national champions in a row! Pretty impressive, eh?

If you have any interest, look up Cherry Hill West Singers, or Cherry Hill West Men of Note and there are a couple quality videos on YouTube. :0

So, if you are up to it, post what you do as a hobby outside of cycling and go into detail as much as you see fit.

other hobbies besides biking

Well I cross train for Cross-crountry Skiing with biking and the other way around as well.
I also hike

Dude, that's funny. Like there's anything else to do besides cycling . . . ;)

well unfortunately up here in the Northwest we get snow and the roads are bad for biking from Dec.-middle of March, so sitting inside on the trainers watching TV is kinda boring so hence the XC-skiing

I'm a motorcycle fanatic!!!

20764.jpg

20748.jpg

20749.jpg

20765.jpg

20746.jpg

20787.jpg

Here's a vid: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w93XqakRx9w"]YouTube - MV at NJMP 2 - TURBO VS. Mark[/ame]

I guess that's enough for now.

two wheels said:
Nice bikes! That MV AUGUSTA is SWEET!!! love the single sided swingarm.

Thanks!

here's a Track Shot on the MV at Grattan Raceway in Michigan.

20838_full.jpg

two wheels said:
You must go through ALOT of tires!!:D

I used to get two track days out of a set using tire warmers. That got expensive quick.

Cycling is a lot cheaper. :)

Now, I run a mellow pace at track days and I use DOT street tires which hold up for 2-4 track days depending on the track surface and temp.

The video in my other post is from April of this year and I'm on Metzeler M3 street tires.

Sweet video! I used to go every year to the Daytona speedway to watch the Teams tire testing before the first race of the season. I am more of a MotoGP fan though. I wish we had more MotoGP races over here in this country! Rossi is the man!!!:D

I would LOVE to race motorcycles...your so lucky bro! someday someday...:cool:
Im fairly new to cycling, so it's a new hobby but besides it, I play guitar, photography, and anything artistic (mostly graphic design, and drawing though)
:)

I am fairly new to cycling as well. My other hobbies include swimming, running, hiking, and cross-country skiing. I am hoping to complete a couple Sprint distance triathlons next summer and am immensely looking forward to it. :)

i like going over to teamsmack to witness all the nobodies attempt their opinions on riders of quality status who will more than likely never post there again. that's what you get when you're a teamsmacker, backstabbed by weak ass, fat and old overweight gossip girl hillbillies. none of whom can actually ride a bike.

good riddance.

I row. Rowed for St. Augustine Prep in highschool lightweight 8 from fall 2006 to spring 2007. and row in college. cycling is simply to cross train

by the way bdoosey when is cherry hill going to get a crew team and add to south jersey rowing. lol

Yes I love to be active. Besides making art and music or riding my mountain & road bikes... I surf, skate, bodyboard, snowboard, sail, travel, hike, drink coffee, go to live concerts, cook, spend time at the beach with friends, freedive, do yoga and now am into writing this blog and having a great time with it.... just looking to network with lie-minded adventurous and athletic people. Aloha... :D

Used to race motocross, snapped my leg which got me into bmx for rehab which got me into cycling haha.

Now I just ride bmx, cycle and go to shows

Hello friends,

i am tom jacob.Other that cycling,My hobbies are to play football and to play guitar whenever i get time.I use to manage time somehow in my busy schedule.

Thank you!!

Besides racing road bikes, I ride mountain and bmx bikes, work at a bike shop, and am currently putting together a cat 4/5 team (which will hopefully become a cat 3 team this season) in southern new jersey. Don't do a whole lot of things outside of the bike world, I guess...