Other Interests

BHOFM

Aug 8, 2010
Other than biking, I do RC airplanes. Have been doing them for about fifty years.

My Grand daughter is into them as well. She is 15. And good!

I was abducted by aliens a few years ago and ever since I have been
designing and building strange aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJP09yvDZY

Reactions: haleylx4
Being musically challenged all my life I have always loved guitars. My singing sucks and I can't hold a tune but I try. If I can get a person to recognize a song I try to play then I'm doing great ha ha!

Always been a big challenge to me so I went after it!

I do crazy things like play and record a song, then I replay it and play along and sing back ups as well as play the lead guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl237xvT6Tw

This one I used a free online metronome (machine that goes tic toc and helps keep time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2CXtiTWa5Y

Our guitars

guitar2_zps96f0faa7.jpg

My wife knows nothing about guitars but I tried to teach her how to play. Then we picked up a key board and I gave her the notes to play. We try to play together. We suck but we have a lot of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkmhTchPTo

I would have to say running and architecture. I went to school for architecture and its the only thing I've really wanted to do.

I'm into gaming a lot and love combat flying simulations. I've go quite a few installed on my computer ranging from WW1 warbirds to modern day fighting jets. I'm just praying for the day that the modern day combat sim I play releases an F-4 Phantom. When they do it won't be a case of me buying it, it will be me throwing my money at it!

In recent months I've also started collecting pin badges, if that counts?

I'm really into hiking and camping, which meshes well with mountain biking :) My boyfriend and I love to explore new parks and nature preserves on the weekends. When I'm feeling lazy, I like baking and cake decorating as well as lying around on the couch all day reading. I'm glad I love cycling and hiking, because I definitely need something to balance out all the baked goods and lazy weekends!

sunshiney said:
I'm really into hiking and camping, which meshes well with mountain biking :) My boyfriend and I love to explore new parks and nature preserves on the weekends. When I'm feeling lazy, I like baking and cake decorating as well as lying around on the couch all day reading. I'm glad I love cycling and hiking, because I definitely need something to balance out all the baked goods and lazy weekends!
I forgot to mention reading. Reading is one thing I really do enjoy. What are you reading at the moment?

I've started reading a lot of books detailing strange sights in the skies and along the coasts and seas of the UK. Really interesting books if you have an open mind.

Mr. Beanz said:
My wife knows nothing about guitars but I tried to teach her how to play. Then we picked up a key board and I gave her the notes to play. We try to play together. We suck but we have a lot of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOkmhTchPTo

I think I like the Beatles song. I wanted to learn how to play the guitar but I was not good at using my fingers to play the piano, the guitar, keyboard and some sort. I do enjoyed watching your video. You made a nice pair there.

Keyan said:
I think I like the Beatles song. I wanted to learn how to play the guitar but I was not good at using my fingers to play the piano, the guitar, keyboard and some sort. I do enjoyed watching your video. You made a nice pair there.
Thanks! Keep trying. I'm telling ya, I am so musically challenged that I can not whistle a tune that can be recognized ha ha! But if you want to do something, it will come. B)

I'm a coder by day, so I write a lot of programs. I make little games for myself, too. It keeps me mentally stimulated.

Working and maybe basketball still. I love earning money cause its just so amusing for me. Basketball used to be my go to sport before biking but kind of lost the interest in it. I still like watching though.

I play the violin, but because of arthritis my playing is limited to rather
short periods. Half hour is pushing it.

BHOFM said:
I play the violin, but because of arthritis my playing is limited to rather short periods. Half hour is pushing it.
Is the violin hard to play? I've always wanted to play guitar but just could not get into it for some reason.

I've wanted to play some sort of string instrument and the violin has been something I've always considered.

I've got plenty of hobbies besides cycling. I do enjoy mountain climbing, water rafting and sometimes even a bit of bungee jumping. When I'm not out and about, I don't mind to sit down and play a video game or watch a movie. I also enjoy composing music on the computer. I'm not classically trained, mostly self-taught on using various music creation software. Lately, I've also started editing a few videos that I plan on putting up on YouTube.

Post them here if you want. Would be quite nice to see them! :)

Just a question, does anyone here meditate? I've seen and heard things that it's great if you suffer with depression and was wondering what other peoples, if any here, experiences were of it.

The violin is easy to play, hard to play well.

My Grand daughter is in martial arts and mediates every day. She spent the summer in Japan learning the
spiritual part of the Samaria tradition. She is a very dangerous little girl. 15 years old. 6', 120lbs.

Sounds like if anyone tried anything with her the attacker would come off worse!

How does she meditate, like what's her routine in doing so?

One can get the best coaching to augment their fitness, self-defense, and health in a precise manner. As i experienced at Shobukan Martial Arts located in Western Australia and their experienced professionals leaves no stone unturned in delivering the finest services.

They offers martial arts training, martial arts Perth, Perth martial arts classes, Perth martial arts for kids and adults as well.

If you want to know best Perth martial arts classes, contact Shobukan Martial Arts.

This is really nice as you get to keep yourself busy with other activities when you are not riding your bike. As for me, I am a teacher and an editor, so when I am not riding, I will take out time to be doing any of those and it has really touched my life in a way that I never really expected.

The violin is easy to play, hard to play well.

My Grand daughter is in martial arts and mediates every day. She spent the summer in Japan learning the
spiritual part of the Samaria tradition. She is a very dangerous little girl. 15 years old. 6', 120lbs.

Martial arts has never been easy, but I feel that it is going to pay off in the long run as your daughter will have the ability to protect herself wjwh attacks come up. I tried joining martial arts, but came to realize that it is something pretty difficult for me to do.

I've got plenty of hobbies besides cycling. I do enjoy mountain climbing, water rafting and sometimes even a bit of bungee jumping. When I'm not out and about, I don't mind to sit down and play a video game or watch a movie. I also enjoy composing music on the computer. I'm not classically trained, mostly self-taught on using various music creation software. Lately, I've also started editing a few videos that I plan on putting up on YouTube.

While I was in the university in those days, I always enjoy mountain climbing for it is one of the ways that I can build up my stamina. However, since I finished my academics, I have realized that there is no mountain closer to my place and all I do is jog or go cycling when I want to keep fit.