Other predictions....

Slacker

Guest
Lawwill unveils his carbon leaf spring rear suspension design making coil shocks a thing
of the past.

Everybody jumps on *that bandwagon.

Curnutt's rear shocks and Ti springs become obsolete overnight.

Foes files for bankruptcy while Romic tries to desperately hang on.

Sales of steel FS bikes over take aluminum.

JD leaves the biking scene, moves to Germany and becomes a star hairdresser.

--
Slacker

Slacker says:

>Lawwill unveils his carbon leaf spring rear suspension design making coil shocks a thing of
>the past.

Don't laugh - but I once drew up (for a paying customer) a full-carbon trailer for the Porsche
SportBoat, to be towed by a 911. The thing was to have carbon springs, chassis, hitch, axles, etc,
with an S-Glass fairing for the hull to reduce drag. And this was in 1990. The idea never went
anywhere (pun intended) but I believe his patent for the springs made it through the USPTO intact.

Steve

> Slacker says:
>
> >Lawwill unveils his carbon leaf spring rear suspension design making coil shocks a thing of
> >the past.
>
> Don't laugh - but I once drew up (for a paying customer) a full-carbon trailer for the Porsche
> SportBoat, to be towed by a 911. The thing was to have carbon springs, chassis, hitch, axles, etc,
> with an S-Glass fairing for the hull to reduce drag. And this was in 1990. The idea never went
> anywhere (pun intended) but I believe his patent for the springs made it through the USPTO intact.
>
> Steve

I actually got that from an interview with Mert I recently read. He also mentioned that vettes have
fiberglass leaf springs.
--
Slacker

> Slacker says:
>
> > He also mentioned that vettes have fiberglass leaf springs.
>
> LOL! If you want to change to spring rate, just get them to use a different resin - same layup.
>
> Steve

What about composite coil springs? is it possible (or perhaps it has been done and i don't get
out enough)?
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net

Cinder Girl wrote:

>>>JD leaves the biking scene, moves to Germany and becomes a star
>>
> hairdresser.
>
>>There are no stars in Germany.
>>
>>JD
>

> ... but there is that void left by the decline of David Hasselhoff

Decline? He's still as popular here as ever*.

Looking at the German charts, it's easy to see why he became a star...

* - may not actually be true.

> > hairdresser.
> >
> >>There are no stars in Germany.
> >>
> >>JD
> >

> > ... but there is that void left by the decline of David Hasselhoff
>
> Decline? He's still as popular here as ever*.
>
> Looking at the German charts, it's easy to see why he became a star...
>
> * - may not actually be true.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Really???? All I heard in Germany was Eminem (sp)