Other velomobile news

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, May 28, 2003.

  1. The Go-One now sells for 9500 euro for the carbonversion. Weighs 30-32 kg.

    Seems they will offer a kit in dyed glassfibre for 3000 euro at some point.

    http://www.go-one.de/ukindex.shtml

    M.

    Tags:

  2. PreciousBbird

    PreciousBbird New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2003
    Wow - it's the first time I have seen that vehicle. That is jaw-dropping fabulous!!

  3. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Go-One now sells for 9500 euro for the carbonversion. Weighs 30-32 kg.
    >
    > Seems they will offer a kit in dyed glassfibre for 3000 euro at some point.
    >
    > http://www.go-one.de/ukindex.shtml
    >
    > M.

    The Go-One is all over the place in Califoria, Oregon, and Washington
    - but I missed the shows every time except part of TechNow (TV show) Sure must be fast!!!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  4. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    I think they are going to need to have a wider gear range. The gears listed are the same as a
    standard road bike with triple. With a 60 lb bike I'm going to need lower gears for the hills I
    commonly ride and if its as aero as it looks I should be able to top out on those gears with only a
    slight down hill. I am anxiously waiting to hear independent reviews of this incredible looking
    machine. I am especially interested in how hot it is on sunny days and how well the windows stay
    clear on cold rainy ones. Craig

    > The Go-One now sells for 9500 euro for the carbonversion. Weighs 30-32 kg.
    >
    > Seems they will offer a kit in dyed glassfibre for 3000 euro at some point.
    >
    > http://www.go-one.de/ukindex.shtml
    >
    > M.

  5. What Craig said. 17-103 gear inches is scarcely any different to what I have on the Speedmachine,
    and that's without the weight, drag and expanse of a 3x9. I think they'd be better off with a
    wide-ratio cassette and bigger chainrings...

    If my sums are correct, the Quest runs 34-127 inches, but then it's from Flevoland...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    According to my reading it has a triple up front and a road cassette in the back for gears probably
    very similar to what you have Dave. Prolly work fine in a flat city where traffic and lights prevent
    top speeds and there are no hills to drag it up but I think they need to look at what Greenspeed
    does with thier trikes and put in a 3x(8-9) in addition or a speed drive and Rohloff. Ofcourse
    either option would add weight and cost but as a percentage it should be doable. Craig

  7. cbb wrote:
    > According to my reading it has a triple up front and a road cassette in the back for gears
    > probably very similar to what you have Dave.

    Re-squints at website. Ah. I had understood the line "Ratio: 3x9" to mean that there was an SRAM
    Dual drive *as well* in there, because I am a ticko. Change the above range to 29-98 inches. Oh no
    no no no. Won't do at all.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  8. Kurt Fischer

    Kurt Fischer Guest

    Mikael Seierup <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The Go-One now sells for 9500 euro for the carbonversion. Weighs 30-32 kg.
    >
    > Seems they will offer a kit in dyed glassfibre for 3000 euro at some point.
    >
    > http://www.go-one.de/ukindex.shtml

    There's an older one on ebay.de at the moment. 334 Euro by now and still nine days to go. 42
    gears(3x7x2). Looks really nice, but I wouldn't want to ride it uphill or in the sun.

    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2733186993&category=9194

    BTW, there's also the Veleric to find, the ancestor of current lowracers like Kreuzotter et al.

    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2732129135&category=33503

    And here's the fairing:

    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2732131433&category=33503

    Kurt

  9. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    > What Craig said. 17-103 gear inches is scarcely any different to what I have on the Speedmachine,
    > and that's without the weight, drag and expanse of a 3x9. I think they'd be better off with a
    > wide-ratio cassette and bigger chainrings...
    >
    > If my sums are correct, the Quest runs 34-127 inches, but then it's from Flevoland...
    >
    > Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

    Well I can assure you that a range of 17-103 gear inches would be more than adecuate for Florida
    terrain. I would be more concerned with "roasting alive" inside that "greenhouse" of a fairing.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  10. [email protected] (Kurt Fischer) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > BTW, there's also the Veleric to find, the ancestor of current lowracers like Kreuzotter et al.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2732129135&category=33503
    >

    > And here's the fairing:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2732131433&category=33503
    >

    > Kurt

    (Oldtimer! hee hee hee!!!) Another velomobile for sale is my 1989 Schwinn, but the fairing is long
    gone (it was a big comet-shape with a long tail). I guess it is an "oldtimer" too!

    Picture ad at National Bicycle Greenway classified.

    Chris Jordan