http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=41657

Conditional Sentence for Hitting Bikers
Josh Pringle
Wednesday, August 9, 2006

An Ottawa man has been given a year-long conditional sentence for
driving his truck through a group of Ottawa cyclists.

Police say Richard Martin swerved his pickup into a group of 10 riders.

Martin was convicted of dangerous driving causing bodily harm and
leaving the scene of an accident.

On top of his conditional sentence, Martin's driver's license was
suspended for a year.

Dogfighting wrote:
> http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=41657
>
> Conditional Sentence for Hitting Bikers
> Josh Pringle
> Wednesday, August 9, 2006
>
> An Ottawa man has been given a year-long conditional sentence for
> driving his truck through a group of Ottawa cyclists.
>
> Police say Richard Martin swerved his pickup into a group of 10 riders.
>
> Martin was convicted of dangerous driving causing bodily harm and
> leaving the scene of an accident.
>
> On top of his conditional sentence, Martin's driver's license was
> suspended for a year.

I never heard anything about this.... i am assuming no one died or was
seriously hurt. That kind of scenario is my worst nightmare!

Dogfighting wrote:
> http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=41657
>
> Conditional Sentence for Hitting Bikers
> Josh Pringle
> Wednesday, August 9, 2006
>
> An Ottawa man has been given a year-long conditional sentence for
> driving his truck through a group of Ottawa cyclists.
>
> Police say Richard Martin swerved his pickup into a group of 10 riders.
>
> Martin was convicted of dangerous driving causing bodily harm and
> leaving the scene of an accident.
>
> On top of his conditional sentence, Martin's driver's license was
> suspended for a year.

I certainly hope that the civil trial(s) outcome clears him of all and
any future assets/income.

-bdbafh