ottrott, odonata or tete de course?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by nili1029, Sep 7, 2003.

1. nili1029

nili1029 New Member

I have a Trek 5900, and a Serotta Legend Ti. I am looking for a ti/carbon bike...these are the three I like, anyone have these? I am NOT interested in the Merlin Cielo. Thanks!

Tags:

2. hdavidt

hdavidt New Member

What do you not like about the Merlin Cielo?

3. nili1029

nili1029 New Member

Its essentially a carbon bike with titanium lugs. It's not what I am looking for.

4. goldenbiker

goldenbiker New Member

Look at the Colnago CT-1 with carbon B-Stays. IMO that 5900 of your is a great performer on any road. I'm not sure that you are going to gain anything by adding any of these bikes to you existing stable.

5. nili1029

nili1029 New Member

i agree about the 5900, i am not a colnago fan....thanks!

6. PSR

PSR New Member

No contest. Odonata.

I'm really a fan of all three - but the true benefit to a Seven cannot be seen on a spec sheet. There's so much that those guys can do with a bike, you end up getting exactly what you desire in your new machine. Seven is the most customizable bike I've ever seen - and the workmanship is out of this world!

You can't go wrong with the Odonata.

7. PSR

PSR New Member

No, not yet. Actually, when I get around to getting a Seven, it'll probably be an Axiom, steel or Ti. I haven't made up my mind yet. Plus, I've currently got a Trek 5200 and Waterford R-33 in the stable, so it might be a while...

Seven really impresses me though. I got the Waterford because I like the classic styling and wanted a steel bike after riding the carbon for a while. But a Seven is definitely in my future.

8. mikem

mikem New Member

Just curious, did you pick up the Axoim?

9. PSR

PSR New Member

No. It'll probably be a number of years before I bring a Seven home. Plus, with how much I'm enjoying the Waterford, I just don't need another bike right now. I'm actually considering a Seven mtb now (Sola or Teres). We'll see...