Ouch, this time falling due to clipless cost me $800

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trentus

Top of mountain, regaining breath and composure, leaning against fence with right foot still
clipped. I decide to move to the shade. I push off from fence, front wheel hits rock, pushes bike
left, my weight ends up right, I fall over. I roll as I land, and get up totally unscathed.

I later get home, I open the belt-bag I'd had on my side, and remove my GPS unit. It now has a
really pretty rainbow coloured LCD screen where it was once just black and grey, and it has this
really lovely spider web pattern on the glass in front of the rainbow coloured patch in the middle
of the LCD.

I'm SO GLAD I added the unit to my "Personal Effects" insurance. Now to wait for business hours to
see what this geocaching expedition on bike is going to end up costing.

Bugger!

Tren - "maybe some ppl shouldn't use clipless pedals as this is about my tenth fall" - tus

"Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Top of mountain, regaining breath and composure, leaning against fence with right foot still
> clipped. I decide to move to the shade. I push off from fence, front wheel hits rock, pushes bike
> left, my weight ends up right, I fall over. I roll as I land, and get up totally unscathed.
>
> I later get home, I open the belt-bag I'd had on my side, and remove my GPS unit. It now has a
> really pretty rainbow coloured LCD screen where it was once just black and grey, and it has this
> really lovely spider web pattern on the glass in front of the rainbow coloured patch in the middle
> of the LCD.
>
> I'm SO GLAD I added the unit to my "Personal Effects" insurance. Now to wait for business hours to
> see what this geocaching expedition on bike is going to end up costing.
>
> Bugger!
>
> Tren - "maybe some ppl shouldn't use clipless pedals as this is about my tenth fall" - tus

I bet that a lensatic compass and map would not have broken.

JD

Trentus <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Top of mountain, regaining breath and composure, leaning against fence
with
> right foot still clipped. I decide to move to the shade. I push off from fence, front wheel hits
> rock, pushes bike left, my weight ends up right, I fall over. I roll as I land, and get up totally
> unscathed.
>
> I later get home, I open the belt-bag I'd had on my side, and remove my
GPS
> unit. It now has a really pretty rainbow coloured LCD screen where it was once just black and
> grey, and it has this really lovely spider web pattern on the glass in front of the rainbow
> coloured patch in the middle of the LCD.
>
> I'm SO GLAD I added the unit to my "Personal Effects" insurance. Now to wait for business hours to
> see what this geocaching expedition on bike is going to end up costing.
>
> Bugger!
>
> Tren - "maybe some ppl shouldn't use clipless pedals as this is about my tenth fall" - tus

Hell fire dude - you sure you're made the right choice of activities? Maybe you should get out of
MTB'ing, and take up 'xtreme bubble wrapping' or summink.

',;~}

Shaun aRe

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Hell fire dude - you sure you've made the right choice of activities?
Maybe
> > you should get out of MTB'ing, and take up 'xtreme bubble wrapping' or summink.
>
> It's called 'Zorbing' and originates from NZ: www.zorb.com

I know about that, but that's not what I was on about. Reckon he'd still manage to hurt himself/cost
himself/break something.

I'd love to have a go meself like - looks like top fun. Wonder if you could

Shaun aRe - earlier typo corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.