Our Opinion

Pas Souci

Jun 12, 2007
What is Our Opinion on the state of cycling at the moment. With the past 18 months full of drug controversy, what do you think.

Me, well i've really been affected by it. I love the sport and always will, but i have lost the passion to ride. I do not love the bike anymore. I still follow the sport thoroughly but don't ride us much anymore.

Pas Souci said:
What is Our Opinion on the state of cycling at the moment. With the past 18 months full of drug controversy, what do you think.

Me, well i've really been affected by it. I love the sport and always will, but i have lost the passion to ride. I do not love the bike anymore. I still follow the sport thoroughly but don't ride us much anymore.

You've lost your desire to ride because of this???

road monkey said:
You've lost your desire to ride because of this???
Yeah I have. I don't know, i only started following heavily in 2005 and used to love riding the bike. But after the 05 Vuelta - Roberto Heras/06 TdF - Puerto & Floyd/07 - T-Mobile Confessions, i've just lost the passion. Thats the only way i can explain. I still follow the sport but i don't look forward to those early morning rides anymore. I still ride with mates and my family, but it's just not as enjoyable.

How the doping of others should affect your passion for cycling is a mystery to me... I mean, unless you're a pro rider, it's really non-applicable to your personal riding experience. I agree that the doping culture has taken away some enjoyment from watching pro cycling, but it hasn't affected my propensity to ride in the least.

PartisanRanger said:
How the doping of others should affect your passion for cycling is a mystery to me... I mean, unless you're a pro rider, it's really non-applicable to your personal riding experience. I agree that the doping culture has taken away some enjoyment from watching pro cycling, but it hasn't affected my propensity to ride in the least.
I guess these guys are the guys that inspired me to ride.