Our Spoiled and Unhappy Global Elites

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by coolworx, May 27, 2005.

1. coolworx

coolworx New Member

The latest from Historian and Author Victor Davis Hanson:

Tags:

2. darkboong

darkboong New Member

That guy really does not have much clue about Imran Khan does he ?

"Khan may have made his fortune and name in the British tabloids as a soccer star and international playboy of the London salons, a lifestyle that had strong affinities with the West rather than the madrassas."

He was a very good Cricket Player. IIRC he was known as being a devout Muslim, so I dont think that is something he's invented for a political career as the tone of the article suggests.

"His mischaracterization, based on a lie,"

Yah, right, maybe "VDH" should check his facts before he leaps to attack. There is a considerable body of evidence that backs up the Newsweek article and it certainly wasn't the first time that story cropped up.

"But now he is back in Pakistan crafting a political career and catering to the Islamists, even though religious extremism is antithetical to what allowed him to succeed and prosper abroad."

I very much doubt that Kahn is promoting religious extremism for that and two other important reasons. As I said he had a rep as a devout Muslim, and he is known to have actively promoted peace and tolerance (particularly between India and Pakistan).