Out-of-Control Spam on Forum

LotusMan

Jun 6, 2006
Why are two-thirds of the threads on the first page of the forum here advertising SPAM mostly unrelated to cycling?

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't that seem to be a problem? I would think that would be an annoyance that would drive many forum participants away. Most could tolerate 1 or 2 sneaking in from time to time, but 20 out of the most recent 29 threads are just SPAM. Isn't that just a bit out of control?

I long for the day when only 2/3 of the posts are spam...

You must be a "the glass is half full" person. :D

LotusMan said:
Hmmm. It's been a while since I've been here.

Why is this particular forum so vulnerable? I participate in other forums (including another cycling one) and none of them are so devestatingly infested with SPAM.
Lack of moderation.

Looks like someone FINALLY sat up and took notice - though it may be too late... most everyone has already fled

Eden said:
Looks like someone FINALLY sat up and took notice - though it may be too late... most everyone has already fled
Are you on a different forum? This one still is badly infested with spam. I don't think anyone has done anything. Shoesnewnike and Nikejordanaaa are still better represented than most other posters. The mods should make it easier on everyone and just make the spam stickies.

kdelong said:
Are you on a different forum? This one still is badly infested with spam. I don't think anyone has done anything. Shoesnewnike and Nikejordanaaa are still better represented than most other posters. The mods should make it easier on everyone and just make the spam stickies.
Check out page 1 of Today's Forum Topics. There is much less spam today compared to say, yesterday. This may be a random thing though, and unless I see this being maintained for at least 48 hours, I will be less inclined to believe that someone is really doing something about it.

TheDarkLord said:
Check out page 1 of Today's Forum Topics. There is much less spam today compared to say, yesterday. This may be a random thing though, and unless I see this being maintained for at least 48 hours, I will be less inclined to believe that someone is really doing something about it.
OK, there is a little less spam, but 40% of todays posts are still spam, totally unacceptable! Maybe it is a holiday in China.

hmmmm looks like the spammers were just taking a break.... should have known it was too good to be true..

Eden said:
hmmmm looks like the spammers were just taking a break.... should have known it was too good to be true..
I am sorry to say that untill the moderators start controlling the SPAM I will spend most of my time on bikeforums.net, I like this forum but I can't take all the SPAM!!!!