Out of town with Stress

Glad to hear your daughter is okay Deb. I wish her a quick and easy recovery.
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:efednWAktdtucJ3dRVn-
[email protected]...
> Thank you everyone for your thoughts and wishes of a speedy recovery for
my
> daughter. She made it well through her surgery. The nurse suggested
before
> I take her home from the surgical center to run to the grocery store to
get
> soup, crackers, Jell-O and 7-up for her and then she proceed to tell me to get some snacks for
> myself too, since I would probably want something too. I ended up getting a deli sandwich and some
> water for me. I actually considered getting some chips or crackers, but would look at the
> nutrition label and realized how many points it was and put them back on the shelf.
I
> did not think about getting anything for dinner that night though. I
should
> have done that since I did have a microwave and a refrigerator in the room we had. I guess I did
> not have my head on completely, as when Julie woke
up
> hungry at about 6:30 pm and suggested pizza, that was what we ended up having since that was all
> that delivered in this town that we were in. It worked out well though, I only had two slices of a
> small pizza and some
more
> water. I think I did more running up and down the halls trying to get ice for the ice packs than
> anything. The ice machine was not working on our floor, so went to the 2nd floor and that was not
> working either, so then
off
> to the convenience store down the block to get ice so that I could pack
her
> ankle with the ice packs to keep the swelling down.
>
> We are home now, and I weighed in after we got home and I got Julie
settled
> in her room here at home. Had a slight gain, but I figure it was a different weigh in time (late
> afternoon instead of mid morning), I did not drink as much water as I normally would during the
> day, also eating pizza the night before weigh in, the long drive home and TOM on top of
everything
> else.
>
> Thank goodness she is resting comfortably in her own bed. Hopefully she will not be up every two
> hours like she was last night. Not sure which is worse a baby or a teenager up every 2 hours
> needing moms help.
>
> Debbie
>
> "Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> > (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> > school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> > (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> > from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
> > on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure
> > how meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable
> > to get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary
> > bike and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make
> > good food choices.
> >
> > Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> > gives each other on this group.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Debbie