Out of town with Stress

Deb In Northern

Guest
Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter (19)
will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to school not
at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today (about a 3 hour
drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released from the surgical
center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on a 3 hour car drive
after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how meals will go, while out
I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get around or even feel up to
it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a treadmill to use here at the
hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food choices.

Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one gives
each other on this group.

Thanks,

Debbie

Aw Deb - hang in there. I hope everything goes well with you daughter's surgery and that she's on
the road to recovery as soon as possible.

At times like this, WW has no choice but to take a back seat really, cos let's face it, this is one
of the more important things. Still, best of luck, I'm sure you'll make the best choices you can,
and that's one step.

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

here's hoping it goes well for both of you, Good luck and let us know how it
is going, Lee
Deb in Northern California from Google <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C3D67A.9FBE9F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

I hope everything goes well with your daughters surgery. In this type of = situation you can only do
the best you can. Don't get down if you don't = eat that well the next couple of days. Kristine "Deb
in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in = message
news:[email protected]... Hello everyone, I am posting through Google
[...]

Thanks,=20

Debbie ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C3D67A.9FBE9F50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope everything goes well with your = daughters=20 surgery. In
this type of situation you can only do the best you can. = Don't get=20 down if you don't eat
that well the next couple of days.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine</FONT></DIV>
<>"Deb in Northern California from Google" <<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote in = message <A=20
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:28cc24=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>Hello=20 everyone, I am posting through
Google since I am presently in = a<BR>hotel. =20 My oldest daughter (19) will be having
some surgery in the<BR>morning = and since=20 her doctor is near where she goes to school not
at<BR>home, we are in a = hotel=20 tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the<BR>road
today (about a = 3 hour=20 drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel<BR>room with her after
she = is=20 released from the surgical center tomorrow<BR>after her surgery. = Her=20
doctor did not want her traveling home on a 3<BR>hour car drive after = surgery so=20 we are
spending two nights at the<BR>hotel. I am not sure how = meals will=20 go, while out I
know we will not<BR>be eating at a restaruant as she = will be=20 unable to get around or
even<BR>feel up to it. At least there is = an indoor=20 swimming pool, a<BR>stationary
bike and a treadmill to use here at the = hotel, so=20 I can get<BR>some exercise, but I hope I
make good food = choices.<BR><BR>Please=20 keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all
the<BR>positive = energy that=20 every one gives each other on this group.<BR><BR>Thanks,=20
<BR><BR>Debbie</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C3D67A.9FBE9F50--

Sure hope the operation is successful & the recovery fast. Take care of yourself during this
stressful time. Elaine K

Deb in Northern California from Google wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
>(19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
>school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today (about
>a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released from the
>surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on a 3 hour
>car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how meals will
>go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get around or
>even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a treadmill to
>use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food choices.
>
>Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one gives
>each other on this group.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Debbie

Best of luck to your daughter Deb. Good luck to you with the hotel food too.
--
Brenda
209/176/150 RafL goal 165

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

I'm sending wishes to you and your daughter for a speedy recovery from her surgery. Don't sweat
those hotel meals, this is only a few days out of the rest of your life. In the grand scheme of
things, your daughter's health and well being are the top priority. I hope you can keep your stress
to a minimum, but as a mom I know it ain't gonna happen. <G>

Joyce

On 8 Jan 2004 22:57:21 -0800, [email protected] (Deb in Northern California from Google) wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
>(19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
>school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today (about
>a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released from the
>surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on a 3 hour
>car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how meals will
>go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get around or
>even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a treadmill to
>use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food choices.
>
>Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one gives
>each other on this group.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Debbie

I hope she has a speedy recovery and that you can find good foods to get you through.

Best

On 8 Jan 2004 22:57:21 -0800, [email protected] (Deb in Northern California from Google) wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
>(19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
>school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today (about
>a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released from the
>surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on a 3 hour
>car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how meals will
>go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get around or
>even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a treadmill to
>use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food choices.
>
>Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one gives
>each other on this group.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Debbie

Your daughter and you will be in my thoughts. I hope all goes well. Please let us know how she does
after the surgery.
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

Keeping good thoughts for your daughter's recovery.

Prairie Roots

On 8 Jan 2004 22:57:21 -0800, Deb in Northern California from Google wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers, Deb! Hope all went well!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and wishes of a speedy recovery for my daughter. She made it
well through her surgery. The nurse suggested before I take her home from the surgical center to run
to the grocery store to get soup, crackers, Jell-O and 7-up for her and then she proceed to tell me
to get some snacks for myself too, since I would probably want something too. I ended up getting a
deli sandwich and some water for me. I actually considered getting some chips or crackers, but would
look at the nutrition label and realized how many points it was and put them back on the shelf. I
did not think about getting anything for dinner that night though. I should have done that since I
did have a microwave and a refrigerator in the room we had. I guess I did not have my head on
completely, as when Julie woke up hungry at about 6:30 pm and suggested pizza, that was what we
ended up having since that was all that delivered in this town that we were in. It worked out well
though, I only had two slices of a small pizza and some more water. I think I did more running up
and down the halls trying to get ice for the ice packs than anything. The ice machine was not
working on our floor, so went to the 2nd floor and that was not working either, so then off to the
convenience store down the block to get ice so that I could pack her ankle with the ice packs to
keep the swelling down.

We are home now, and I weighed in after we got home and I got Julie settled in her room here at
home. Had a slight gain, but I figure it was a different weigh in time (late afternoon instead of
mid morning), I did not drink as much water as I normally would during the day, also eating pizza
the night before weigh in, the long drive home and TOM on top of everything else.

Thank goodness she is resting comfortably in her own bed. Hopefully she will not be up every two
hours like she was last night. Not sure which is worse a baby or a teenager up every 2 hours needing
moms help.

Debbie

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home on
> a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to get
> around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike and a
> treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
> choices.
>
> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> gives each other on this group.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debbie

Hi Deb, hope everything went well for your daughter.

Linda

Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2004, 10:57pm (EST-3) From: [email protected]
(Deb=A0in=A0Northern=A0California=A0from=A0Google) Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since
[...]

Hang in there Deb. Hope every thing works out fine and your daughter comes through with flying
colours. WW can wait in situations like this.

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

[email protected]

225/190/145

> "Deb in Northern California from Google" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello everyone, I am posting through Google since I am presently in a hotel. My oldest daughter
> > (19) will be having some surgery in the morning and since her doctor is near where she goes to
> > school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> > (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> > from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
> > on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure
> > how meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable
> > to get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary
> > bike and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make
> > good food choices.
> >
> > Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one
> > gives each other on this group.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Debbie

Glad to hear she is OK, Deb. And I hope you are doing fine again too!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.105/212 lbs "Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:efednWAktdtucJ3dRVn-
[email protected]...
> [...]
> > school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> > (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> > from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
> > on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure
> > how meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable
> > to get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary
> > bike and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make
> > good food choices.
> >
> > Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one

wonderful, you lived life and didn't freak on food, that is wonderful, Lee
> [...]
> > school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> > (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> > from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
> > on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure
> > how meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable
> > to get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary
> > bike and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make
> > good food choices.
> >
> > Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one

Good news on all counts, Debbie. You improvised, making good choices among the available options,
and then getting right back to program when life was back to normal. That's the way to do it!

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:32:21 -0800, "Deb in Northern California"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
>> (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
>> from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
>> on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure how
>> meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable to
>> get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary bike
>> and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make good food
>> choices.
>>
>> Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one

Glad to hear that everything is turning out okay. Taking care of someone can be very stressful
especially in a strange location. you did a good job of keeping it all together.

> [...]
> > school not at home, we are in a hotel tonight and tomorrow night. So I was on the road today
> > (about a 3 hour drive) and then will be holed up in a hotel room with her after she is released
> > from the surgical center tomorrow after her surgery. Her doctor did not want her traveling home
> > on a 3 hour car drive after surgery so we are spending two nights at the hotel. I am not sure
> > how meals will go, while out I know we will not be eating at a restaruant as she will be unable
> > to get around or even feel up to it. At least there is an indoor swimming pool, a stationary
> > bike and a treadmill to use here at the hotel, so I can get some exercise, but I hope I make
> > good food choices.
> >
> > Please keep my daughter in your thoughts, I appreciate all the positive energy that every one

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
bgcolor="#ffffff"> Glad your daughter's home now & under your care. I wish her a speedy
[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">Thank you everyone for your thoughts and wishes of a speedy recovery
[...]

"Deb in Northern California from Google" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:28cc248c.0401082257.1be4-
[...]

Sounds like all went well, Deb. Glad to hear that Julie is home again!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172