Outer Banks, NC Bike Rentals?

acl2dukes

Jul 22, 2003
There was a thread out there about rides in the Outer Banks so I am hoping one of you experts can help us out...

Does anyone know of a good place to rent bicycles in (or near) the Outer Banks (North Carolina, USA)??

My husband and I are serious cyclists and training for a week-long ride across Montana later this summer. We will be in the Outer Banks for a week and would love to find a place where we can rent some lighter road bikes. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Just in case anyone is interested......we found a place to rent road bikes at the Outer Banks. Kill Devil Hills Cycle (252) 480-3399 rents Specialized Allez bikes for $30/day or $80/week. I believe that they are the only place across the bridge that rents them and they are located in Kill Devil Hills: from route 12, go east at the light at the Dairy Queen; at the next light turn right and it's about a block down on the ocean side of the street.

The owner said that they will have a website up sometime in the next year.

Originally posted by acl2dukes
There was a thread out there about rides in the Outer Banks so I am hoping one of you experts can help us out...

Does anyone know of a good place to rent bicycles in (or near) the Outer Banks (North Carolina, USA)??

My husband and I are serious cyclists and training for a week-long ride across Montana later this summer. We will be in the Outer Banks for a week and would love to find a place where we can rent some lighter road bikes. Thanks in advance for any help!!