Outline of saddle imprinted in my ass

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Frinton, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Frinton

Frinton New Member

I just put a new Arione on my bike and have ridden it 3 times. When I sat down after my ride, I noticed it had a chafed feeling. I bent over infront of a mirror when my wife was not looking and noticed that the back part of the saddle was branded into my ass. When I say brand, it looks red with the perfect outline of the back of the seat. What do I do?

Tags:

2. VintageRestoKid

VintageRestoKid New Member

buy some bike shorts maby? [​IMG] Sorry, cant help you. Never happened to me or anybody I know [​IMG]

3. wilburleft

wilburleft New Member

Never tried it myself, but I've read that some riders use a product known as "butt butter". You get a liberal dab on your finger and slather it between your cheeks before riding. They say it prevents chafing, but it may also prevent the saddle from impinting on your ass.

4. keydates

keydates New Member

Any kind of chamois cream would help reduce chafing.

5. tommy d

tommy d New Member

Sorry, but the "entire outline of the back of the saddle imprinted in his ass" isn't chafing !!

Change the saddle, I doubt new pads will help at all if it's really that bad.

6. hd reynolds

hd reynolds New Member

The Arione is a very comfy and versatile bike seat. It is one of the few seats available in the market that takes advantage of the UCI maximum seat length of 30cm. In also has a very long rail and features diagonal cutouts on the sides. Because of these, you can position an Arione anyway that is comfy to you. If you find the back of an arione branded in ur arse it means your sitting way back. Try mounting it further back.

7. kleng

kleng New Member

I assume you are you wearing knicks with a padding insert ?, I have a problem with my arione where it wears away my expensive knicks in certain spots around the wing flex area.

8. Frinton

Frinton New Member

Have you resolved this problem?

9. kleng

kleng New Member

black duct tape, strategically placed on the knicks