Over protective?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by GeeDubb, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. MattB

    MattB Guest

    small change wrote:
    > I really don't want to know what adventures my boys are concealing from me!!
    >

    >>Matt
    >>
    >>PS - haven't seen the ground in weeks - been skiing the feet (seven in
    >>CB, 5 at Monarch) of snow we got a couple of weeks ago:
    >>http://tinyurl.com/542lp

    > Matt, Gloat a little. Our ski area just closed down. We hardly had any snow
    > to begin with, and then the chinook came through. Too muddy to bike, yet but
    > that could change in a few days.
    >

    > penny

    Well that sucks for you guys. I remember hearing about you getting
    hammered while all we had was -30 and no precip for much of a season a
    couple of years ago. So yours will come back and mine will go away
    again. But for now I'm spoiled. It actually got kind of warm and
    although coverage is great, the fluffy surface conditions have gone
    away. We need another storm to freshen it all up. All I need is a foot
    or two...

    Biking sucks here now too if that's any consolation...

    Matt

  2. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > small change wrote:
    >
    >> I really don't want to know what adventures my boys are concealing
    >> from me!!
    >>

    >>> Matt
    >>>
    >>> PS - haven't seen the ground in weeks - been skiing the feet (seven in
    >>> CB, 5 at Monarch) of snow we got a couple of weeks ago:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/542lp

    >> Matt, Gloat a little. Our ski area just closed down. We hardly had any
    >> snow
    >> to begin with, and then the chinook came through. Too muddy to bike,
    >> yet but
    >> that could change in a few days.
    >>

    >> penny
    >>

    > Well that sucks for you guys. I remember hearing about you getting
    > hammered while all we had was -30 and no precip for much of a season a
    > couple of years ago. So yours will come back and mine will go away
    > again. But for now I'm spoiled. It actually got kind of warm and
    > although coverage is great, the fluffy surface conditions have gone
    > away. We need another storm to freshen it all up. All I need is a foot
    > or two...
    >
    > Biking sucks here now too if that's any consolation...

    Trails on the east side of the valley are (mostly) dry here, if you have
    to get a fix. 60s forecast for today.

    Shawn

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I really don't want to know what adventures my boys are concealing from

    me!!

    > > Matt
    > >
    > > PS - haven't seen the ground in weeks - been skiing the feet (seven in
    > > CB, 5 at Monarch) of snow we got a couple of weeks ago:
    > > http://tinyurl.com/542lp

    > Matt, Gloat a little. Our ski area just closed down. We hardly had any

    snow
    > to begin with, and then the chinook came through. Too muddy to bike, yet

    but
    > that could change in a few days.

    Speaking of snow my 10 days in Mammoth in Nov, Dec, and Jan yielded 9 feet
    of snow. I'm just a beginner snowboarder so with only one lift open 4 of
    those days, and only 3 lifts open 3 more of those days I've haven't gotten
    much learning in. I guess I should stick to mtn biking in the winter.

    If someone wants snow just pay for a plane ticket for me to visit and I'm
    sure it will follow.

    GT