Overall Best Seat Company

Um, is this more spam? I would have said brroks at one time but I am disappointed with my b17 select. I've already had to tighten the leather after riding in the rain and Ive only had it for 9 months. My regular b17 lasted several years before needing tightening. And the rivetz are hammered poorly on the two near the name plate.

All of the ones with "Selle" in their corporate names. Definitely.

Lots of good companies, depends on your **** and which seat it likes! Usually Fizik, Selle (including their Anatomica Tru Leather X series , and Brooks; those 3 seem to be the most popular. I have a couple Fizik's, a Aliante Gamma Kium, and a Antares which I can't read the sub model anymore so can't remember; I also have Brooks B17 but this saddle is made for upright type of riding like when touring not for drop bar aggressive type of riding, for that kind of riding I have the Brooks Swift. I have a few other saddles too like a Charge Spoon which I hate; but those 3 brands seem to be dominating the market.

Dash saddles - if you have the $$$. They are the Rolex of bike saddles.

Dash are awesome and their trial program is something to consider in the purchase price as is the weight and construction features of their saddles.

Berthoud might be considered the Phillipe Patek of saddles if Dash is the Rolex. Luxury, but not light weight. Not suitable for every hind end. Still, among the very best of saddle manufacturers if quality is the benchmark.

Frankly, a $25 saddle that fits, is comfy and makes the ride enjoyable is 'the best' saddle. Price be damned. Let your ass be the judge.

Terry is a company know for comfort saddles but the come in performance models also. I have Selles and Fiziks but prefer the Terry for comfort.

jhuskey said:
Terry is a company know for comfort saddles but the come in performance models also. I have Selles and Fiziks but prefer the Terry for comfort.
Terry Fly has been my saddle for a while now. Just got a replacement for the 5 yr old one which had over 12K miles on it and seemed to be breaking down. The new one from LBS has a synthetic cover instead of the grained leather, and is a bit softer padding. Also seems hotter, but that could just be the 90F temps we're into now.

CAMPYBOB said:
Dash are awesome and their trial program is something to consider in the purchase price as is the weight and construction features of their saddles.

Berthoud might be considered the Phillipe Patek of saddles if Dash is the Rolex. Luxury, but not light weight. Not suitable for every hind end. Still, among the very best of saddle manufacturers if quality is the benchmark.

Frankly, a $25 saddle that fits, is comfy and makes the ride enjoyable is 'the best' saddle. Price be damned. Let your ass be the judge.
What a bunch of cheap **** saddles, you want quality...err more like you have the need to spend an astronomical amount of money for a saddle then look to Crown Saddle company who makes limited production custom hand made saddles with gold or platinum stitching, these will set you back only about $2,550. So I guess if you want to make a comparison to watches, throw out your trailer trash Rolex and your tract home Phillipe Patek watch because this saddle compares more to a Hublot Classic fusion Haute Joaillerie, don't ask how that watch is pronounced!

Really? we need a $2,550 saddle? I guess if you can afford it and need the bragging rights.

Reactions: ABNPFDR
"Really? we need a $2,550 saddle?"

Lawyers and politicians (but, I repeat myself) got to keep up with their money managers...if not on the road, at least when they flash those iPotato pics of their bike at home in the garage.

"...compares more to a Hublot Classic fusion Haute Joaillerie, don't ask how that watch is pronounced!"

It's pronounced, "I earned my money the old fashioned way. I inherited it.". Old money. Good taste.

CAMPYBOB said:
"Really? we need a $2,550 saddle?"

Lawyers and politicians (but, I repeat myself) got to keep up with their money managers...if not on the road, at least when they flash those iPotato pics of their bike at home in the garage.

"...compares more to a Hublot Classic fusion Haute Joaillerie, don't ask how that watch is pronounced!"

It's pronounced, "I earned my money the old fashioned way. I inherited it.". Old money. Good taste.

LOL! there are times I wish I had old money, but when reality sets in I'm glad I don't because I appreciate how I earned my money, how I spend it, and I take care of my stuff more because I don't want to have to rebuy it.

I knew a guy who bought a fake Rolex with a Japanese automatic winding movement so he could wear it banging around instead of his real Rolex and not worry about damaging the good one, he said the fake one ran better!! He had that fake one for about 8 years before I knew him and he still wears it and I've known him now for 12 years, so a fake Rolex working just fine after 20 years...go figure.

When I lived in Los Angeles I ran into a guy on the street that tried to sell me a bunch of a fake watches, he admitted they were fakes, but he said most people would never know the difference, and I think they all had mechanical automatic movements. I didn't buy one because I was very skeptical of someone on the street. But a lot of fake perfumes were and are sold this way (on the street), and now they're even sold in stores!
I

The best seat companies is the topic and we go to Rolex, then Timex chat. Lol, funny. This Dash seat does not look very comfortable. I guess you do need to know your ****. There is padding but I don't know about this one I would have to try it out. I like the gel seats over the padded ones. Believe it or not one of my bikes I have a Bell Recline, it is gel. It is my favorite. It was around $20. I have not really found any of these slender seats for touring bikes comfortable. I always end up changing the seat on every bike.

I think it all depends on what you like in a saddle. Fizik makes some great saddles but I'm equipping my bikes these days with Brooks Cambium. Works for me and they stand behind their product.

Selle Anatomica produce world's most comfortable bike leather seats. This style of saddle making produces a very hard leather top that can take years to break in.