Overeating

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
    to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
    comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
    ignore a post when you see it...

    Festive cheers, helen s

  2. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
    > to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
    > comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
    > ignore a post when you see it...

    I've just created my first ever kill file. Wonder what prompted that:)

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 20/12/04 11:04 am, in article
    [email protected],
    "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll
    > is
    > to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so
    > it
    > comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
    > ignore a post when you see it...

    You get rid of trolls by taking their cooking pot and sealing the lid on
    with clay.

    Or by indulging in an eating competition where you cheat and then have a
    'cut the stomach open to make more space' challenge.

    Both methods are recorded as having worked well.

    The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    they turn into stone.

    ...d

  4. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    > they turn into stone.

    Ah, that does seem to be the method that some are attempting. I am not
    convinced it is the most effective.

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  5. James Annan wrote:
    > David Martin wrote:
    >
    >> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    >> they turn into stone.

    > Ah, that does seem to be the method that some are attempting. I am not
    > convinced it is the most effective.
    >
    > James

    Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
    out-talked like this. He has pissed people off all over usenet.

  6. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
    > out-talked like this. He has pissed people off all over usenet.

    284 shurely?

    cheers,
    clive

  7. Clive George wrote:
    > "Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
    >>out-talked like this. He has pissed people off all over usenet.

    > 284 shurely?
    >
    > cheers,
    > clive

    Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
    half pints confused. Or something.

  8. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
    > half pints confused. Or something.

    If you've been having that much Christmas spirit, then no wonder!

    cheers,
    clive

  9. Not Responding wrote:

    > Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
    > half pints confused. Or something.

    Let's just say 10 fl.ozs.

  10. Peter Amey

    Peter Amey Guest

    Zog The Undeniable wrote:
    > Not Responding wrote:
    >
    >> Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres
    >> and half pints confused. Or something.

    > Let's just say 10 fl.ozs.

    Or 8 for Leftpondians ...

    --

    www.amey.org.uk

  11. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  12. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    > Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
    > to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
    > comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
    > ignore a post when you see it...

    Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
    it may be time!

    Jon

  13. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:26:19 +0000, Jon Senior
    <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> wrote:

    >Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
    >it may be time!

    I think so.

    --
    Dave...

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

  14. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > > Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a

    troll is
    > > to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and

    again, so it
    > > comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult

    > > ignore a post when you see it...

    > Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
    > it may be time!

    He's Killfiled -- first I've ever KF'd (even P**l S***h survived that
    indignity!!)

  15. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    > they turn into stone.

    ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
    touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
    managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
    almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/

    Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and
    Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
    might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  16. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Peter Clinch wrote:

    > Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring
    > though, and Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which
    > means exactly what you might think (once you've remembered to
    > pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

    Did you try any julekake? It's more of a bread than a cake really, and
    is absolutely delicious.

    --
    Dave...

  17. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 21/12/04 9:25 am, in article [email protected], "Peter
    Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > David Martin wrote:
    >
    >> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    >> they turn into stone.

    > ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
    > touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
    > managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
    > almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/

    So you've seen mine then? All true trolls have only four digits on each
    hand.[1]

    > Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and

    Yumm.. I tend to like it in phases though.

    > Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
    > might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

    Not to be confused with any of the following:
    Juletres
    Juldress

    Anyway, they wouldn't be so stressed if they didn't have such a high salt
    (pinnekjoett) or high fat (ribbe) diet at this time of year.

    ...d

    [1] the umbers 0,1,2 and 3? were trolls early base four adopters?

  18. Peter Clinch wrote:
    > David Martin wrote:
    >
    >> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
    >> they turn into stone.

    > ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
    > touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
    > managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
    > almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/
    >
    > Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and
    > Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
    > might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').
    >
    > Pete.

    A Christmas mistress?

  19. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Not Responding wrote:

    Julstress

    > A Christmas mistress?

    Simpler than that, the generic stress caused by Christmas!

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  20. Julesh

    Julesh Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > So you've seen mine then? All true trolls have only four digits on each
    > hand.[1]

    That might explain their typing then.

    Jule sh