Overeating

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Guest
Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
ignore a post when you see it...

Festive cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
> to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
> comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
> ignore a post when you see it...

I've just created my first ever kill file. Wonder what prompted that:)

On 20/12/04 11:04 am, in article
[email protected],
"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll
> is
> to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so
> it
> comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
> ignore a post when you see it...

You get rid of trolls by taking their cooking pot and sealing the lid on
with clay.

Or by indulging in an eating competition where you cheat and then have a
'cut the stomach open to make more space' challenge.

Both methods are recorded as having worked well.

The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
they turn into stone.

...d

David Martin wrote:

> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
> they turn into stone.

Ah, that does seem to be the method that some are attempting. I am not
convinced it is the most effective.

James
by treading on the toes of giants.

James Annan wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
>> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
>> they turn into stone.

> Ah, that does seem to be the method that some are attempting. I am not
> convinced it is the most effective.
>
> James

Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
out-talked like this. He has ****** people off all over usenet.

"Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
> out-talked like this. He has ****** people off all over usenet.

284 shurely?

cheers,
clive

Clive George wrote:
> "Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Google tells me that 570 millilitres (approx) is immune to being
>>out-talked like this. He has ****** people off all over usenet.

> 284 shurely?
>
> cheers,
> clive

Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
half pints confused. Or something.

"Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
> half pints confused. Or something.

If you've been having that much Christmas spirit, then no wonder!

cheers,
clive

Not Responding wrote:

> Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres and
> half pints confused. Or something.

Let's just say 10 fl.ozs.

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Not Responding wrote:
>
>> Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres
>> and half pints confused. Or something.

> Let's just say 10 fl.ozs.

Or 8 for Leftpondians ...

--

www.amey.org.uk

in message <41c70c66.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Not Responding wrote:
>
>> Too much Christmas spirit, obviously. I must have got my half litres
>> and half pints confused. Or something.

> Let's just say 10 fl.ozs.

Somehow, 10cc seems more appropriate...

;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.

> Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a troll is
> to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and again, so it
> comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult to
> ignore a post when you see it...

Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
it may be time!

Jon

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:26:19 +0000, Jon Senior
<jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> wrote:

>Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
>it may be time!

I think so.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

"Jon Senior" <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> > Any reason why the troll keeps being fed? The easiest way to dismiss a

troll is
> > to ignore it, yet our very own keeps being fed again and again and

again, so it
> > comes back for more. Killfiles are a wonderful device if it's difficult

> > ignore a post when you see it...

> Sorry... It's been fun, but it is just getting abusive now. Looks like
> it may be time!

He's Killfiled -- first I've ever KF'd (even P**l S***h survived that
indignity!!)

David Martin wrote:

> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
> they turn into stone.

ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/

Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and
Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Peter Clinch wrote:

> Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring
> though, and Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which
> means exactly what you might think (once you've remembered to
> pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

Did you try any julekake? It's more of a bread than a cake really, and
is absolutely delicious.

--
Dave...

On 21/12/04 9:25 am, in article [email protected], "Peter
Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote:

> David Martin wrote:
>
>> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
>> they turn into stone.

> ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
> touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
> managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
> almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/

So you've seen mine then? All true trolls have only four digits on each
hand.[1]

> Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and

Yumm.. I tend to like it in phases though.

> Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
> might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').

Not to be confused with any of the following:
Juletres
Juldress

Anyway, they wouldn't be so stressed if they didn't have such a high salt
(pinnekjoett) or high fat (ribbe) diet at this time of year.

...d

[1] the umbers 0,1,2 and 3? were trolls early base four adopters?

Peter Clinch wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
>> The final alternative is to keep them talkn gtill daybreak at which point
>> they turn into stone.

> ITYM turned into tasteless plastic trinkets and sold to gullible
> touroids in Norway... Am just back from a week's XC ski and somehow
> managed to resist the temptation to start a troll collection, it's
> almost bad enough that Franklin Mint can be forgiven! ;-/
>
> Did bring back a couple of kilos of festive pickled herring though, and
> Word Of The Week is given to "Julstress", which means exactly what you
> might think (once you've remembered to pronounce the 'j' as a 'y').
>
> Pete.

A Christmas mistress?

Not Responding wrote:

Julstress

> A Christmas mistress?

Simpler than that, the generic stress caused by Christmas!

Pete.
--

David Martin wrote:

> So you've seen mine then? All true trolls have only four digits on each
> hand.[1]

That might explain their typing then.

Jule sh