Overshoes question

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Si, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Si

    Si Guest

    Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers seem
    to have like white 'sock' overshoes.

    Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
    ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.

    Thank you in advance.

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Si" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers
    > seem to have like white 'sock' overshoes.
    >
    > Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
    > ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Simon

    The type you are thinking of are possibly what are referred to as time trial
    overshoes or Lycra overshoes. See www.impsport.com

    Cheers, helen s

  3. pete whelan

    pete whelan Guest

    Si wrote:
    > Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers seem
    > to have like white 'sock' overshoes.
    >
    > Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
    > ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Simon

    they don't keep your feet warm, just aerodynamic.

    No use for commuting in, as putting your feet down at stops will wear
    them out in a week.

  4. davek

    davek Guest

    Si wrote:
    > Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
    > ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.

    Don't know, but I have the Campagnolo [black] ones that you can find on
    Wiggle and they are very light and breathable as these things go, yet
    still effectively weatherproof.

    Not cheap, mind.

    d.