Overshoes question

Si

Guest
Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers seem
to have like white 'sock' overshoes.

Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.

Thank you in advance.

Simon

"Si" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers
> seem to have like white 'sock' overshoes.
>
> Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
> ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Simon

The type you are thinking of are possibly what are referred to as time trial
overshoes or Lycra overshoes. See www.impsport.com

Cheers, helen s

Si wrote:
> Whenever you look through Cycling weekly and the like, the road racers seem
> to have like white 'sock' overshoes.
>
> Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
> ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Simon

they don't keep your feet warm, just aerodynamic.

No use for commuting in, as putting your feet down at stops will wear
them out in a week.

Si wrote:
> Any ideas where you can get them? All the ones I can find are the neoprene
> ones. As the weather starts to get brighter, the neo ones are excessive.

Don't know, but I have the Campagnolo [black] ones that you can find on
Wiggle and they are very light and breathable as these things go, yet
still effectively weatherproof.

Not cheap, mind.

d.