Overshoes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    I am thinking about buying some overshoes, can anyone recommend some good ones, I want them
    waterproof but breathable.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. >I am thinking about buying some overshoes, can anyone recommend some good ones, I want them
    >waterproof but breathable.

    I got some from the CTC shop - err...£24.99 and they keep my feet warm, dry and not sweaty ;-)

    Cheers, helen s --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove
    dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 9/12/03 12:33 pm, in article
    [email protected], "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I am thinking about buying some overshoes, can anyone recommend some good ones, I want them
    >> waterproof but breathable.
    >
    > I got some from the CTC shop - err...£24.99 and they keep my feet warm, dry and not sweaty ;-)

    I got some shimano ones that I think are neoprene. They are nice and warm (I've tested them to below
    -10C) but are not breathable. However, if the shoes have holes in teh bottom then they will breathe.

    Typically I wear them in the cold and wet rather than cold and dry. Goretex socks inside seem to
    work quite well.

    ..d

  4. AJ MacLeod

    AJ MacLeod Guest

    On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:07:07 +0000, Ian wrote:

    > I am thinking about buying some overshoes, can anyone recommend some good ones, I want them
    > waterproof but breathable.

    I have a pair of Endura neoprene overshoes. I don't know whether they qualify as waterproof or not
    as they leave most of the sole exposed, which means water eventually works it's way in.

    I've found that even if they don't keep my feet entirely dry, they do keep them so warm and
    comfortable that often I don't notice they're wet until I've arrived at my destination and
    remove them!

    They do make you look like something from outer space though, especially when coupled with close-
    fitting longs. The massive "scotchlite" strip up the back is a very good feature and I've noticed
    traffic keeping a much better distance when I wear them (something to do with the way they appear to
    "flash" as you pedal?)

    Along with my Endura under-helmet hat, they're an item of clothing that can miraculously turn a
    cold, wet cycle into a very comfortable one!

    Cheers,

    AJ