Oversize bars and computers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Danziggidy, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Danziggidy

    Danziggidy Guest

    Howdy,

    I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence computer.
    The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

    Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

    Thanks! Jon

    Tags:

  2. dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
    cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

    Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

    cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Danziggidy wrote:
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

    Alternatively, you could mount the computer on the stem. Cateye do kits for this.

    ~PB

  4. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    Can't believe Peter missed this: Campagnolo also offers an oversize bracket for the ErgoBrain...the
    ErgoBrain is made by CatEye though.

    > dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and
    I'm
    > now looking for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an
    > oversize bar clamp.
    >
    > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
    >
    > cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

  5. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    I've seen a standard size computer mounted on OS bars. The owner put a zip tie where the screw
    normally goes. Didn't look very stable but it got the computer on the bar...

    news:<[email protected]>...

  6. "Danziggidy" wrote in message
    > Howdy,
    >
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now
    looking
    > for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize
    > bar clamp.
    >
    > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

    Alternative to the zip tie through a normal bracket is using a spoke - cut off the threaded end ~
    3-4cm and hook the end then use the nipple to screw it tight. We've found it fairly foolproof

    - David

  7. Baird Webel

    Baird Webel Guest

    On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Howdy,
    >
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
    >
    > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
    >
    > Thanks! Jon

    Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized handlebars.

    Baird

    --
    Baird Webel Washington DC

  8. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Baird Webel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA5E0344.1AA0B%[email protected]>...
    > On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Howdy,
    > >
    > > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
    > >
    > > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
    > >
    > > Thanks! Jon
    > >

    > Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized
    > handlebars.

    My FlightDeck came with mounts for both regualr and oversize bars.