Oversize bars and computers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Danziggidy, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danziggidy

Danziggidy Guest

Howdy,

I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence computer.
    The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Thanks! Jon

Tags:

2. dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
    cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Pete Biggs

Pete Biggs Guest

Danziggidy wrote:
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Alternatively, you could mount the computer on the stem. Cateye do kits for this.

~PB

4. Ronald

Ronald Guest

Can't believe Peter missed this: Campagnolo also offers an oversize bracket for the ErgoBrain...the
    ErgoBrain is made by CatEye though.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and
    I'm
    > now looking for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an
    > oversize bar clamp.
    >
    > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
    >
    > cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.
    >
    >
    > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

5. Almost Fast

Almost Fast Guest

I've seen a standard size computer mounted on OS bars. The owner put a zip tie where the screw
    normally goes. Didn't look very stable but it got the computer on the bar...

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
    > cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
    >
    >
    > cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.
    >
    >
    > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

6. "Danziggidy" wrote in message
    > Howdy,
    >
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now
    looking
    > for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize
    > bar clamp.
    >

Alternative to the zip tie through a normal bracket is using a spoke - cut off the threaded end ~
    3-4cm and hook the end then use the nipple to screw it tight. We've found it fairly foolproof

- David

7. Baird Webel

Baird Webel Guest

On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howdy,
    >
    > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
    >
    >
    > Thanks! Jon
    >
    >

Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized handlebars.

Baird

--
    Baird Webel Washington DC

8. Michael

Michael Guest

Baird Webel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA5E0344.1AA0B%[email protected]>...
    > On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Howdy,
    > >
    > > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
    > > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
    > >
    > > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
    > >
    > > Thanks! Jon
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized
    > handlebars.

My FlightDeck came with mounts for both regualr and oversize bars.
    >
    > Baird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.