Oversize bars and computers



Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danziggidy

Guest
Howdy,

I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence computer.
The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Thanks! Jon
 
Q

Qui Si Parla Ca

Guest
dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
 
P

Pete Biggs

Guest
Danziggidy wrote:
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Alternatively, you could mount the computer on the stem. Cateye do kits for this.

~PB
 
R

Ronald

Guest
Can't believe Peter missed this: Campagnolo also offers an oversize bracket for the ErgoBrain...the
ErgoBrain is made by CatEye though.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and
I'm
> now looking for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an
> oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.
>
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
 
A

Almost Fast

Guest
I've seen a standard size computer mounted on OS bars. The owner put a zip tie where the screw
normally goes. Didn't look very stable but it got the computer on the bar...

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
> cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.
>
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
 
R

Richard McLachl

Guest
"Danziggidy" wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now
looking
> for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize
> bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Alternative to the zip tie through a normal bracket is using a spoke - cut off the threaded end ~
3-4cm and hook the end then use the nipple to screw it tight. We've found it fairly foolproof

- David
 
B

Baird Webel

Guest
On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> Thanks! Jon
>
>

Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized handlebars.

Baird

--
Baird Webel Washington DC
 
M

Michael

Guest
Baird Webel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA5E0344.1AA0B%[email protected]>...
> On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
> >
> > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
> >
> > Thanks! Jon
> >
> >
>
> Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized
> handlebars.

My FlightDeck came with mounts for both regualr and oversize bars.
>
> Baird
 
Status
Not open for further replies.