Oversize bars and computers

Danziggidy

Guest
Howdy,

I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence computer.
The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Thanks! Jon

dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

Danziggidy wrote:
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Alternatively, you could mount the computer on the stem. Cateye do kits for this.

~PB

Can't believe Peter missed this: Campagnolo also offers an oversize bracket for the ErgoBrain...the
ErgoBrain is made by CatEye though.

> dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and
I'm
> now looking for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an
> oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

I've seen a standard size computer mounted on OS bars. The owner put a zip tie where the screw
normally goes. Didn't look very stable but it got the computer on the bar...

news:<[email protected]>...

"Danziggidy" wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now
looking
> for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize
> bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Alternative to the zip tie through a normal bracket is using a spoke - cut off the threaded end ~
3-4cm and hook the end then use the nipple to screw it tight. We've found it fairly foolproof

- David

On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> Thanks! Jon

Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized handlebars.

Baird

--
Baird Webel Washington DC

Baird Webel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BA5E0344.1AA0B%[email protected]>...
> On 1/26/03 12:48, in article [email protected], "Danziggidy"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
> >
> > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
> >
> > Thanks! Jon
> >

> Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized
> handlebars.

My FlightDeck came with mounts for both regualr and oversize bars.