Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Oversize handlebars and clip-on aerobars

Started by antoineg · · Last activity · 1 post · 2,173 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 September 2003
Last activity
13 September 2003
Original author
antoineg
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,173
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi -- I have an oversize handlebar and am looking at purchasing a set of clip-on aerobars.

    Any worries with this combination? I'm particularly interested in the connection of the clip-on mounts, as I see that a couple vendors sell "adapters" that I'm not sure will provide a great fit.

    I'm also worried about the handlebar tube -- it's very wide where the stem clamps on (31.8 mm I guess), then it narrows down right about where I think the clip-on mounts will go -- is that a problem?

    I currently have a pair of Ritchey Pro Road Oversize, but I don't particularly llike the "ergonomic" style of the drops and am looking at getting a new handlebar.

    A guy at the LBS said I might consider getting a normal size stem, as most aerobars were (are) made for the normal 26mm handlebar widths.

    Any thoughts?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.